Surprise ingredient pancakes are so moist, fluffy and delicious! I have a grandson that is turning 13 this year and he is always asking me how I make pancakes. So I decided to add another recipe to the blog that he can try and that way he will find the pancake recipe that is just right for him.
The surprise ingredient is mayonnaise, yes, that is right, mayonnaise will help make your pancakes more moist and fluffy. There is a chocolate cake that I have had that has mayonnaise in it and it is wonderful.
We always love when our grandkids come and have sleepovers and we like to make them pancakes or oatmeal cinnamon waffles. My oldest grandson told me that he needs to learn how to make pancakes and so here is an easy recipe for him to make. I hope he loves them as much as we love making them for the grandkids.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Surprise Ingredient Pancakes?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these pancakes (scroll down for the full recipe):
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
How Do I Make Surprise Ingredient Pancakes?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make these pancakes (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a mixing bowl combine the four, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour, and place butter, egg, milk, mayonnaise and vanilla.
- Whisk the ingredients together, making sure that you get all of the dry mixture mixed in.
- Place the pancakes on griddle and cook over medium heat until the pancakes are a beautiful golden brown.
- It usually takes about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy your pancakes with syrup, your favorite kind of jam, or even honey butter.
Tips and Tricks For Surprise Ingredient Pancakes:
- One other surprise you can add to your pancakes is club soda or soda water. (Hey I might even have to try Dr. Pepper next time my sister comes over. That is her favorite soda and that just might be a delicious pancake too).
- If the batter is too thick, you can add a little more milk, a little at a time, making the batter the consistency that you like it.
- You can add some bacon or sausage and even an egg and you will be having a perfect breakfast!!
More Delicious Pancake Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 58mgSodium 541mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 6g