Moist sweet potato pancakes are soon to be one of your family favorites. They are amazing, topped with cinnamon syrup. I will have to get you the recipe for the cinnamon syrup.
My neighbor went to the Pancake Factory and she told me that she had sweet potato pancakes, and I thought, everyone needs this recipe because they are soo wonderful.
So I haven’t had a stove for over a week and I was so excited to make these amazing moist sweet potato pancakes, in fact I was so happy to eat anything that wasn’t fast food. However, I must say that I was happy to have fast food because we had a man painting our cupboards and everything in the kitchen was covered up. I am so grateful for all of my amazing kitchen gadgets, a fridge with water, stove, and the micro wave. I am very blessed and very grateful!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Moist Sweet Potato Pancakes?
- Sweet potatoes
- All-purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Vanilla extract
How Do I Make Moist Sweet Potato Pancakes?
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the butter and buttermilk.
- Add the cooked and mashed sweet potatoes.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the vanilla.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just to combine.
- If you want to add pecans, add them now.
- Allow the batter to sit for 10-15 minutes if you have time.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Place some butter into the bottom of the pan, to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Then spoon 1/4-1/3 cup batter into the pan or onto a griddle.
- Cook the pancakes until done in the center and golden brown on each side.
- You may also need to add just a little extra regular milk if the batter is too thick.
How Many Sweet Potatoes Do I Need For This Recipe?
- You need 1 cup packed mashed sweet potatoes for this Moist Sweet Potato Pancake recipe.
- This is roughly one medium-large sweet potato.
Can I Make Mashed Sweet Potatoes in Advance?
- Yes, you can make the mashed sweet potatoes up to 5 days in advance.
- Store them in an airtight container until ready to make the Moist Sweet Potato Pancakes.
Tips and Tricks For Moist Sweet Potato Pancakes:
- Make sure you measure the mashed sweet potatoes accurately.
- The correct amount of sweet potatoes ensures moist pancakes.
- The general rule is that pancakes are ready to flip when the middle starts to bubble.
- Don’t try and flip them too early or they will fall apart.
More Sweet Potato Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 31mgSodium 235mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 4g