Apple pecan pancakes are a perfect way to start the day. They are a little heavier pancake and so you can feel satisfied for the whole morning. The combination of apples and pecans together are so good, they are like, salt and pepper, or Burt and Ernie; you get the picture.
Since my husband is in charge of making syrup for his work, I decided to make some extra. I made a new recipe from my cute daughter-in-law, coconut syrup. Oh wow is it good, and loaded with calories. But since it is National Pancake Day I decided to go ahead and splurge.
I will have to get the recipe to you in a couple of days. Who knew coconut syrup would be so good on apple pecan pancakes. Our other go to syrup is maple syrup. I have raised my kids on maple syrup and now they will not eat store bought syrup. They say that it is to thick and goopy. Yes we make up a few of our own words.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Apple Pecan Pancakes?
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Almond milk or regular milk
- Coconut oil, (or vegetable oil)
- Chopped pecans
How Do I Make Apple Pecan Pancakes?
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, and add buttermilk, milk, coconut or vegetable oil, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Fold in chopped apple, and chopped pecans.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter.
- If the batter is too thick, add a little more milk to desired consistency.
- Pour batter onto a greased griddle or skillet that is about 375 degrees.
- Turn the pancake over when bubbles start to form; about 2 minutes on each side or when both sides are nice and golden brown.
What If I Don’t Have Buttermilk?
- To make buttermilk, you can use 1 tablespoon of white vinegar plus enough milk to measure 1 cup.
- Stir, then let stand for 3 minutes before adding to your Apple Pecan Pancakes recipe.
So on this special day, I hope that you will go ahead and splurge for your family with some amazing pecan pancakes. You can use any kind of syrup that you like. Just remember, it is about making memories that counts the most, and the good times together.
Want More Delicious Pancakes?
Melt In Your Mouth Buttermilk Pancakes
Apple pecan pancakes are great for breakfast or dinner. They are a little heavier pancake which keeps you satisfied for a couple or more hours. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
Apple Pecan Pancakes
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 33mgSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 5g
Apple pecan pancakes are great for breakfast or dinner. They are a little heavier pancake which keeps you satisfied for a couple or more hours.
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
These sound delicious Amy – my husband and I will have to give them a try.
We do love breakfast foods and these apple pecan pancakes are a really nice pancake. Thank you for coming by.