Sloppy Joes with Chicken Gumbo is a great recipe for someone who is just learning to cook. They will feel like a master chef after using this simple recipe. Perfect for a new bride, a college student, teenager, or even a pre-teen to make.
Sometimes I think we assume that the more complicated a recipe is, the better it will taste. Well I am here to tell you that sometimes easy is better. Especially in a world that’s increasingly more fast-paced and demanding on our time. These sloppy joes are a perfect example! This recipe comes together to taste amazing.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Sloppy Joes with Chicken Gumbo?
- Ground beef
- Chicken gumbo soup
- Black pepper
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sage (optional)
How Do I Make Sloppy Joes with Chicken Gumbo?
- Brown the ground beef and the onions in a large skillet.
- Drain the ground beef.
- Add the ketchup, non-diluted soup, pepper, brown sugar, mustard, sage and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer together over low medium heat for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over hamburger buns and add a slice of cheese if you like.
Tips and Tricks For Sloppy Joes with Chicken Gumbo:
- Add a slice of cheese to Sloppy Joes with Chicken Gumbo; it almost makes it like a cheeseburger, but better.
- Another trick that we like to do is to butter the buns and then toast them just a little on the inside that way the bread doesn’t go soggy as fast.
- You can add some carrots or celery sticks to the side and some of your favorite chips, or one of your favorite salads, and you are set for dinner.
More Delicious Main Dish Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 354Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 102mgSodium 561mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 32g