Easy homemade pizza is the best pizza that you will ever make. Making the pizza is a fun way to spend time with family. It will take about 1 hour from start to finish, but this pizza is really good.
My good friend Angie showed us how to make the dough and then I show you how to make a wonderful pizza sauce.
One thing that I did learn was that you do not want to let your pizza sit on the pan too long or it will get a little soggy on the bottom, but for 10-20 minutes you are fine.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Homemade Pizza?
- Dry yeast
- Olive oil
- Cornmeal (optional)
- Canned tomatoes, chopped
- Tomato paste
- Tomato sauce
- Garlic clove
- Brown sugar
- Pineapple, etc.
How Do I Make Easy Homemade Pizza?
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the water in a large bowl or electric mixer with a dough hook.
- Add the yeast and the sugar, and allow the yeast to start foaming.
- Then add the flour, salt and olive oil.
- Stir to form a sticky ball.
- Flour the counter top or a surface to place the dough onto.
- Place the dough on top of the flour.
- Knead the dough for about 4 minutes with your hands, mixing in the flour that you have just sprinkled on your counter top.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and cover with a dish cloth or with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place the bowl on top of the oven, allowing it to set for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup corn meal onto a pizza pan.
- Divide the dough in two; either with your hands or using a roller, form a circle a little smaller than your pan.
- Place the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, oregano, parsley, tomato sauce, garlic, onions, basil, and brown sugar into a sauce pan.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is the desired consistency that you like.
- Place the sauce on the dough.
- Cover the pizza with your favorite toppings.
- Some suggestions follow:
- fresh mushrooms
- or whatever your favorite toppings are!
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let it cool for 4-5 minutes and then serve immediately.
Yes the pizza does cook on 500 degrees, and this is to try and act as if you are using an old fashioned brick oven.
If you have left over pizza sauce, just freeze it for a later date.
One other thing that we love about this pizza is that you can put whatever topping on it that you like.
We also love to make smaller individual pizzas and let everyone put what they like on their own pizza. This is a great idea for a birthday or any get together (whatever that looks like in this day).
If You Want Bread Sticks, Here is a Fantastic Recipe:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 233Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 4mgSodium 641mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 6g