One Pan Chili Cornbread Meal has such an amazing flavor. I love this dish because it is a meal in one.
A good meal to have this time of year because you can put it in the oven on Halloween night, and then have a complete meal. It is a great meal to have just before the kids go out trick or treating; that way tummies are full and the kids do not eat so much candy.
This Chili Cornbread meal is packed with ground beef, beans, and tomatoes, topped off with a sweet corn bread.
What Ingredients Do I Need For One Pan Chili Cornbread Meal?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this meal (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Ground beef
- Bell peppers
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato juice
- Pork and beans
- Kidney beans
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Crushed red pepper
- Creamed corn
How Do I Make One Pan Chili Cornbread Meal?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this m (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
- Add onions, peppers, tomatoes, tomato juice, pork and beans, kidney beans, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and red pepper.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornmeal, creamed corn, milk, and sugar.
- Place the chili mixture into a deep 9″ x 13″ baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour the cornmeal mixture evenly over the top of the cheese and chili.
- Bake in a oven @ 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Tips and Tricks For One Pan Chili Cornbread Meal:
- You can use any kind of cheese that you like. I like to grate my own for a better freshness, but when I am in a hurry, the pre-grated cheese works wonderful.
- Kidney beans or pinto beans are great in this chili cornbread meal. If you like, you can also add a can of black beans!
- In the cornbread mixture, I used whole milk, but you could substitute with almond milk, rice milk or even buttermilk.
- Baking this meal in a skillet instead of a baking pan is an option.
How Long Can I Refrigerate or Freeze This Dish?
- One Pan Chili Cornbread Meal holds up really well in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerator as soon as possible, so it cools quickly.
- Once cooled, the chili cornbread meal will keep in the refrigerator for about four days.
- This One Pan Chili Cornbread Meal also freezes well.
- Place in an airtight container and put the container in the freezer.
- It can be kept frozen for about 3 months.
More Main Dish Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 445Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 80mgSodium 608mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 5gSugar 12gProtein 29g