Holiday Cranberry Salsa! Cranberries, jalapeno, and cilantro together give this salsa such a good flavor. The salsa adds so much to the cream cheese when it is added on top. Add some crackers and you will have a hard time just eating a few.
The colors are rich and beautiful and make it just the right dish for this time of year. Most people think that it is made from pomegranates just because the sugar makes it sweet instead of tart. Take it to any party, and I’m pretty sure that you will be bringing home an empty plate.
I had to laugh, my daughter asked me what was in this salsa that made it so addicting. I have to admit that I don’t know, but I guess that it is just all of those amazing flavors that make you want to keep eating it until it is gone!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Holiday Cranberry Salsa?
- Fresh Cranberries
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Green onion stem
- Cream cheese
How Do I Make Holiday Cranberry Salsa?
- Wash the cranberries, cilantro, and green onions and pat dry.
- Using a food chopper or a food processor, chop cranberries to a course mixture.
- Place cranberries into a mixing bowl.
- Chop up jalapeno (seeds removed), green onions and cilantro.
- Add sugar and cumin.
- Add this mixture to cranberries, and mix.
- Place a lid on it and let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning place the cream cheese on a plate.
- Place salsa over the cream cheese and eat with crackers of your choice.
I promise if you will try Holiday cranberry salsa, you will like it, maybe it is all the sugar in the recipe. Whoever came up with this recipe was a genius. The flavor has you coming back again and again. Even my grand kids love holiday cranberry sauce.
I love taking it to parties because the guests love the look of the dish and then they ask what is in it. I know that holiday cranberry salsa looks a lot like pomegranates, but it is cranberries. If you never try a new recipe ever again, try this one. I promise that you will be glad that you did.
This recipe is from my sister-in-law, Donetta and it is definitely one of our favorites. Try it today and l hope that you love it as much as we do. Be careful if you place your crackers around the plate, because there is a juice that runs out of the cranberries and it will make your crackers soggy.
Tips and Tricks For Holiday Cranberry Salsa:
- The longer you let the salsa marinate, the better it tastes. I usually try and let it marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Have your guests try the salsa before you tell them in on what is in it because people are funny about cranberries, including myself.
- Do not let the juice get on your crackers, as you do not want soggy crackers.
More Fun Appetizers For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 85Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 3mgSodium 11mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 0g