Heavenly Chocolate Cake is one of the best tasting chocolate cakes out there, hands down! I got the recipe from one of my friends and it continues to be one of our favorite chocolate cakes. I promise that you will be so glad you made it, if you give it a try.
Yes, you will be able to tell all of your friends that you made this amazing cake from scratch! And the frosting too. It is a couple of my co-workers birthdays this month and so I decided to be nice and make them this amazing cake.
I will have to let you know what they think about it. But I will be very surprised if they are disappointed.
I put some yummy chocolate cream cheese frosting in the center. I had some cream cheese frosting left over in the refrigerator and I added 2 teaspoons of cocoa to that cream cheese frosting to make a wonderful chocolate cream cheese frosting.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Heavenly Chocolate Cake?
- Baking soda
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
How Do I Make Heavenly Chocolate Cake?
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa and oil.
- Then add the eggs, sour cream and the boiling water.
- Stir on high for about 2 minutes making sure that everything is well mixed.
- Bake in Two 9″ round cake pans or One 9″ X 13″ pan that has been sprayed, @ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove form the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium size pan, over medium heat, bring to boil, buttermilk, butter, and cocoa.
- Then remove the pan from the stove and add the powdered sugar.
- Stir until smooth.
- Frost between the two cakes and then stack one on top of the other.
- Frost the complete outside of the cakes.
This would be a wonderful cake to make for anyone’s birthday, any time of the year!
There are a lot of different ways that you could decorate it, but the flavor and the frosting all come together to make it so amazing.
Can I Make Heavenly Chocolate Cake into Cupcakes?
- Yes you can use this Heavenly Chocolate Cake recipe to make cupcakes.
- Prepare batter as directed, then fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full.
- Bake @ 350 degrees until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 18 – 22 minutes.
How Do I Store Heavenly Chocolate Cake?
- Store your cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Your cake can also be stored at room temperature; it just doesn’t keep as long.
How Do I Freeze Heavenly Chocolate Cake?
- Wrap layers separately in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store in an airtight container.
- This cake freezes well for up to 3 months.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then frost and serve.
More Decadent Chocolate Cakes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 474Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 34mgSodium 320mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 1gSugar 53gProtein 4g