Heavenly Chocolate Cake is one of the best tasting chocolate cakes out there, hands down! I got the recipe from one of my friends and it continues to be one of our favorite chocolate cakes. I promise that you will be so glad you made it, if you give it a try.
Yes, you will be able to tell all of your friends that you made this amazing cake from scratch! And the frosting too. It is a couple of my co-workers birthdays this month and so I decided to be nice and make them this amazing cake.
I will have to let you know what they think about it. But I will be very surprised if they are disappointed.
I put some yummy chocolate cream cheese frosting in the center. I had some cream cheese frosting left over in the refrigerator and I added 2 teaspoons of cocoa to that cream cheese frosting to make a wonderful chocolate cream cheese frosting.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Heavenly Chocolate Cake?
- Baking soda
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
How Do I Make Heavenly Chocolate Cake?
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa and oil.
- Then add the eggs, sour cream and the boiling water.
- Stir on high for about 2 minutes making sure that everything is well mixed.
- Bake in Two 9″ round cake pans or One 9″ X 13″ pan that has been sprayed, @ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove form the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium size pan, over medium heat, bring to boil, buttermilk, butter, and cocoa.
- Then remove the pan from the stove and add the powdered sugar.
- Stir until smooth.
- Frost between the two cakes and then stack one on top of the other.
- Frost the complete outside of the cakes.
This would be a wonderful cake to make for anyone’s birthday, any time of the year!
There are a lot of different ways that you could decorate it, but the flavor and the frosting all come together to make it so amazing.
Can I Make Heavenly Chocolate Cake into Cupcakes?
- Yes you can use this Heavenly Chocolate Cake recipe to make cupcakes.
- Prepare batter as directed, then fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full.
- Bake @ 350 degrees until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 18 – 22 minutes.
How Do I Store Heavenly Chocolate Cake?
- Store your cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Your cake can also be stored at room temperature; it just doesn’t keep as long.
How Do I Freeze Heavenly Chocolate Cake?
- Wrap layers separately in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store in an airtight container.
- This cake freezes well for up to 3 months.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then frost and serve.
More Decadent Chocolate Cakes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 474 Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 14g Cholesterol 34mg Sodium 320mg Carbohydrates 74g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 53g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g