This Skor candy bar cake is not your regular Skor cake. If you want a change from the regular Skor cake, this is the one to try! It has an amazing frosting that will have you coming back for another piece! The Skor candy bar cake is super moist and has such a great rich frosting. You are going to be amazed at how good it tastes.
I got this recipe from my family cookbook. There were 3 different names on the recipe, including my cute niece, Erica’s, and so I knew that it must be an amazing cake!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Skor Candy Bar Cake?
- Yellow cake mix
- Package dry instant chocolate pudding
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping
- Heath or Skor candy bars
How Do I Make Skor Candy Bar Cake?
- Mix the cake mix, pudding, eggs and water. Blend.
- Put the batter in a 9″ X 13″ baking pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake cake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Whip the butter and powdered sugar together.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place on top of cake that has been completely cooled.
- Sprinkle with Skor or Heath bars that have been crushed.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
I have made this Skor Candy Bar Cake a few times and it is so moist and rich that you won’t be able to resist it. I will tell you that I used Heath candy bars instead of Skor just because I found them first.
What is the Difference Between Heath and Skor Candy Bars?
- “Hershey wanted a candy bar to compete with the Heath Bar.
- So (since candy bar recipes can’t be copyrighted or patented), they created Skor.
- The idea was to make a candy bar as much like a Heath Bar as possible.
- A few years later, Hershey bought out Heath and started manufacturing Heath Bars.
- However, they continued to make Skor for those who profess to find a difference in the two.”
This Skor candy bar cake is perfect for any occasion and you will want to share it as soon as possible because if you don’t, you will eat it all by yourself. And we surely don’t want that going on.
This will be a great go to cake for any get together; it is very rich and a little goes a long way. It is light, but the frosting is a little heavier and so you just need a small piece. I guess you could add some ice cream, but there really is no need as this is like a dessert and a cake, whichever way you want it. Little kids and big kids alike love it and you will too. Enjoy.
More Decadent Cake Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 242Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 35mgSodium 281mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 0gSugar 27gProtein 2g