Too Much Chocolate Cake is a chocolate cake that has chocolate chips in the chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, and then there is the grated white chocolate on top! And you get this beautiful cake.
I did adapt the cake just a little bit because I thought that some cinnamon would be wonderful in it. And since fall is getting closer, that is what I did. Then I added the Hershey’s frosting just because it tastes just like fudge.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Too Much Chocolate Cake?
- Chocolate cake mix
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Sour cream
- Cooking oil
- Chocolate chips
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Almond extract
- Powdered sugar
How Do I Make Too Much Chocolate Cake?
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, cooking oil, eggs, warm water and cinnamon.
- Mix them with a mixer for at least 2 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bunt pan.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 350 degrees, for 50-55 minutes.
- Test the cake with a cake tester or a wooden pick, when it comes out clean from the center, remove the cake from the oven.
- Place on a wire wrack.
- Allow the cake to cool.
- In a medium sauce pan, place the butter, and let it melt.
- Remove from the stove, add the powdered sugar, cocoa, almond extract, and milk.
- Mix the mixture by hand or with an electric mixer.
- I use enough milk to make the frosting so that it will slightly run down the cake.
- Garnish with white chocolate or anything of your choice.
Too much chocolate cake is the cake I went to when my work was having a baked good sale. We had a co-worker that her husband passed away and so work was kind and did a fund raiser to help raise a little extra money for the family.
This was the most popular cake on the web and so I decided to try it! It did turn out wonderful and very moist. Also, I do not know if you are like me, but there isn’t such a thing as too much chocolate.
I hope that you enjoy this cake as much as I do, and that if you ever need a cake to help someone out that you go ahead and give this Too Much Chocolate Cake a try. I know that you will be glad that you did.
Tips and Tricks for Too Much Chocolate Cake:
- Use any kind of Chocolate Cake Mix depending on how dark you want your cake
- Add Cinnamon for just a touch of Cinnamon flavor
- Garnish with whatever you choose, or just serve without a garnishment
Links to some of our other Favorite Cakes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 562Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 71mgSodium 345mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 3gSugar 47gProtein 5g