Special chocolate cake with Andes mints is the perfect cake for those who love the amazing flavor of mint! And it is perfect for those who do not, because it is not too much mint.
It seems that when I make mint frosting, my kids always tell me that it tastes like toothpaste. What? And I guess that sometimes that it might, but sometimes I just tell myself that it tastes good!!!
I loved this special chocolate cake with Andes mints; it had Andes mints on the side and on the top as well. I tricked my family, because they told me that I had mint frosting on my special chocolate cake with Andes mints, but I didn’t.
Decorating the Special Chocolate Cake with Andes Mints:
- So I took the cake out of the oven and let it cool on the cooling rack.
- Then I wrapped the cakes in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer for the night.
- The next morning, I unwrapped the cakes and placed them on a plate.
- Then I frosted them lightly and placed the cake back into the freezer.
- That time I did not cover them with plastic wrap. I just placed them in the freezer for 1 hour.
- I took the cake out and put another coat of frosting on the sides of the cake.
- I took the Andes mints which I had cut into small pieces and with my hand I placed them on the sides of the cake.
- Then I took the Ganache and started in the middle of the cake.
- I went around in a circle until the Ganache started to just slightly run down the sides of the cake.
Who are we kidding? I was in a hurry and the Ganache was too warm and so it ran all the way down the sides of the cake and puddled at the bottom. Even though I cleaned it up, the next time I will allow the Ganache at least 1 hour to cool down before I put it on the cake.
Continue Decorating After a Slight Mishap:
- Then I used a big cake tip and you need to make sure that you go at least 1 1/2″ away from the sides of the cake and do a dollop on top. (And again the Ganache was too warm and the dollops slid off the cake! 🙂 Smile, eat the glob that fell off and start over)!!!
- Then I placed it in the freezer again and they did not fall off of my beautiful special chocolate cake with Andes mints again.
- I cut some mints in half and placed a piece on top of each dollop.
The end result was delicious. Everyone enjoyed it and it was a success.
To tell you the truth, this cake takes about 3 hours so if you are in a hurry, use my Chocolate Cream Cake, because it is much faster. I hope that you get a chance to try this beautiful special chocolate cake with Andes mints, because it truly is special!
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1356 Total Fat 35g Saturated Fat 21g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 112mg Sodium 521mg Carbohydrates 263g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 238g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 6g