Eclair cake is light and oh so fluffy. When people eat it, they will think that you have been working for hours to make this cake. That is one of the joys of this recipe.
Friends and family will truly know that you love them when you make this cake. It is so good and a lot less expensive than going to a bakery and buying eclairs. I made this eclair cake for my grandson’s baby blessing and we hid it until the very end so that we would be sure to get some, but believe me, it still went very fast.
It comes together super fast, however you do need a couple of hours to let it set, so that the graham crackers will have time to soften. You can change up the design that you put on top of each piece of cake, based on the occasion or what your mood is!
Don’t you just love when you find the perfect recipe that everyone in your family loves? I call that a win, win. Plus, eclair cake comes together in less than 30 minutes. I remember when my kids were little and they didn’t want to go to bed, I would make them get up and do chores. I figured that they would rather go to bed than get up and do chores.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Eclair Cake?
- Graham crackers
- French vanilla pudding
- Whipped topping
- Light corn syrup
- Unsweetened chocolate
- Powdered sugar
How Do I Make Eclair Cake?
- Butter or spray the bottom and sides of a 9″ X 13″ pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with whole pieces of graham crackers.
- Mix the pudding and the milk together. Let the pudding sit and set up for several minutes.
- Fold the whipped topping into pudding mixture.
- Layer half of pudding mix onto graham crackers.
- Then layer another layer of graham crackers.
- Next, layer the other half of the pudding mix.
- Layer a third layer of crackers on top.
- Frost top of graham crackers with chocolate icing shown below.
- Refrigerate for a least 2 hours before serving.
- Recipe is best when made the night before it is served.
- You can also put a small rose bud made out of butter cream frosting.
- Mix together butter, vanilla, corn syrup, chocolate or cocoa, milk, and powdered sugar.
- Spread over the top of the eclair cake.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Sometimes it would work, but sometimes it would not. I remember my daughter decided to tell her son and daughter that they could either get up and do chores since they didn’t want to stay in bed or that they needed to stay in bed. They chose to get up and do chores, and they loved it. Ha ha!
I am sure that the next time that they get out of bed that they might want to do chores again, but I told her to keep it up; they will eventually give in, unless they are clean freaks. Come to think about it, her littlest one does like to clean. She is always finding stuff and putting it away. And when she is done with her suckers, she even puts the stick in the garbage. Score.
What is an Eclair?
- An éclair is an oblong pastry made with choux dough filled with a cream and topped with chocolate icing.
- The dough, which is the same as that used for profiterole, is typically piped into an oblong shape with a pastry bag and baked until it is crisp and hollow inside.
I do hope that you get a chance to try making eclair cake. Let your kids or family help you make eclair cake. It is like a puzzle, trying to make the graham crackers fit into the pan. There are 3 different layers, and if your pan is tapered, they you will be using a different amount of graham crackers on each layer.
I put a small red flower on the top of each piece of this cake, since it was close to Christmas. I cut the pieces pretty small, but you might want to cut it into 24 pieces. You could also use coconut or chocolate pudding. Have fun with this recipe and wait for the compliments to come.
Tips and Tricks For Eclair Cake:
- Make sure that you make eclair cake 2 hours or more in advance so that the graham crackers have time to soften.
- If you want chocolate eclairs, just use chocolate pudding instead.
- You do not have to decorate the top, it is great, plain as well.
More Decadent Cakes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 273Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 7mgSodium 46mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 2g