Creamy mint morsel cookies are wonderful. Packed with chocolate and mint. They remind me of a peppermint patty, but not as strong.
Another thing I love about these yummy little morsels, is that they are small, and sometimes you just need a little something to snack on. They are bite size and creamy and delicious.
These creamy mint morsel cookies are soft in the center and topped off with a wonderful layer of chocolate.
They make wonderful treats and they are perfect for gift bags.
If you are looking for the perfect after dinner treat, this is it!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Creamy Mint Morsel Cookies?
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Baking cocoa
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Peppermint extract or peppermint essential oil
- Milk, or semi sweet, chocolate chips
- Butter or coconut oil
How Do I Make Creamy Mint Morsel Cookies?
- In a medium bowl, mix together the shortening, butter and sugar until nice and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, milk and the vanilla.
- Next add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix just to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Using a small cookie scoop, make balls. Then cut the balls in half with a sharp knife.
- Place the cut side down and bake the cookies on a baking sheet or baking mat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes, do not overbake.
- Place the cookies on a wire rack and allow the cookies to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, corn syrup, butter and the peppermint extract.
- Mix together until it is combined, I like to use my hands.
- Shape the mixture into balls about the size of a dime.
- Put a peppermint ball on top of each cookie and flatten.
- Place the cookies on a piece of waxed paper and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the chocolate chips.
- Microwave on power level 5, in 30 second intervals, until the chocolate is melted.
- Then add the oil and mix well.
- Spread a small amount of chocolate over each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to set, or chill the cookies, until the chocolate is firm.
Are These Chocolate Mint Delights Cookies or Candy?
- There is no right or wrong answer here.
- They are whatever you decide you want them to be.
- No matter which you choose, these minty morsels are mighty yummy.
Can Creamy Mint Morsel Cookies Be Frozen?
- Yes, they can be frozen for up to two months.
- Be sure the cookies are completely cooled before freezing.
- Place the cookies into an airtight container with a lid.
- For best results, put wax paper between each layer of cookies.
Tips and Tricks For Creamy Mint Morsel Cookies?
- Roll the dough into a long log shape and then cut the dough into slices, rather than making a dough ball and cutting each ball in two.
- They are easy to freeze for serving later or just to have on hand for those last minute needs.
- Roll out the peppermint filling and cut out circles a little smaller than the cookies, then press a peppermint filling circle on to each cookie, instead of making little peppermint balls for the filling.
- Add a bit of red food coloring to make the peppermint filling pink if you want to add a nice bit of color to the treats.
- Swirl the chocolate around with your spoon and make it beautiful on top!
More Cookie Recipes for you to Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 15mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 1g