It is time to make some soft gingerbread cookies. You might even want to have a few friends over and have a contest to see who can make the cutest one.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Soft Gingerbread Cookies?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Brown sugar
- Light molasses
- Large egg
- Baking soda
- Ground ginger
How Do I Make Soft Gingerbread Cookies?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make these cookies (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter.
- Then add the sugar, molasses and the egg.
- Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, ginger, soda, and the salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture about 1 cup at a time, just until the flour is incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces, and wrap in plastic wrap or a baggie.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle a little four onto a flat surface.
- Roll the dough out 1/4″ thick, and use cookie cutters to make your gingerbread people.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cooked.
- Decorate according to your desire.
- Store in an airtight container.
What Can I Use in Place of Molasses?
Replace each cup of molasses with one of the following:
- 1 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar and 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
Here are Some Links to a Few More Cookie Recipes for you to Enjoy:
Copycat Crumbl Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
Chocolate Swig Cookies with Cookie Dough Frosting
Soft Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 164Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 19mgSodium 97mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 2g
These gingerbread cookies look amazing! Yummmm!
Thank you for coming by and leaving a comment. These gingerbread cookies are so fun. Happy Holidays to you!
Happy Holidays to you too!
I am a sucker for a soft cookie in general. I think these sound fun to make – Pining to try. Thanks for sharing.
We love these gingerbread cookies. I think that they just say Christmas! Thank you for coming by and leaving a comment. Happy Holidays to you!
I’m not a fan of crunchy cookies so I’m loving that these gingerbread men are soft!! And decorated so cute!!
They are fun to make. I actually had not made them for a while, but we really do like them. I prefer soft gingerbread cookies too!
Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too!
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Happy Holiday!