It is time to make some soft gingerbread cookies. You might even want to have a few friends over and have a contest to see who can make the cutest one.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Soft Gingerbread Cookies?
- Brown sugar
- Light molasses
- Large egg
- Baking soda
- Ground ginger
How Do I Make Soft Gingerbread Cookies?
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter.
- Then add the sugar, molasses and the egg.
- Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, ginger, soda, and the salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture about 1 cup at a time, just until the flour is incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces, and wrap in plastic wrap or a baggie.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle a little four onto a flat surface.
- Roll the dough out 1/4″ thick, and use cookie cutters to make your gingerbread people.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cooked.
- Decorate according to your desire.
- Store in an airtight container.
What Can I Use in Place of Molasses?
Replace each cup of molasses with one of the following:
- 1 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar and 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
Here are Some Links to a Few More Cookie Recipes for you to Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 164Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 19mgSodium 97mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 2g