It is time to make some soft gingerbread cookies. You might even want to have a few friends over and have a contest to see who can make the cutest one.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Soft Gingerbread Cookies?
- Brown sugar
- Light molasses
- Large egg
- Baking soda
- Ground ginger
How Do I Make Soft Gingerbread Cookies?
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter.
- Then add the sugar, molasses and the egg.
- Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, ginger, soda, and the salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture about 1 cup at a time, just until the flour is incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces, and wrap in plastic wrap or a baggie.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle a little four onto a flat surface.
- Roll the dough out 1/4″ thick, and use cookie cutters to make your gingerbread people.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cooked.
- Decorate according to your desire.
- Store in an airtight container.
What Can I Use in Place of Molasses?
Replace each cup of molasses with one of the following:
- 1 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar and 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
Here are Some Links to a Few More Cookie Recipes for you to Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 164 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 19mg Sodium 97mg Carbohydrates 27g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 12g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g