I am excited to share this super simple and fast Microwave Chicken a la King recipe today. I am pretty sure that you will have most of the ingredients right at home.
My family loves this dish and I love how easy it is to make. I am pretty sure that it will be a go to for you if you try it.
Why not have your kids help you with this amazing simple dish tonight!?!
When my son got married, we had left over chicken from Costa Vida. I had put it in the freezer and so that is the chicken that I used in this dish.
And remember to not worry about what vegetables you use; use the vegetables that you have on hand.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Microwave Chicken a la King?
- Cream of chicken soup
- Frozen vegetables
- Cooked chicken (I like rotisserie chicken)
- Cooked rice
How Do I Make Microwave Chicken a la King?
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, frozen vegetables, and chicken.
- Stir to combine the mixture.
- Add the milk and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a glass casserole dish that has a lid. (If you do not have a lid you can use waxed paper).
- Microwave on high stirring in 5 minute increments for 10 minutes, or if your microwave cooks fast, use a power level 8 for 10-15 minutes.
- The ingredients should be warm and bubbling.
- Cook as long as necessary to make it warm to your liking.
- Remove from the microwave and serve over rice, or noodles if you prefer.
Tips and Tricks For Microwave Chicken a la King:
- If you only have canned chicken, then you can use canned chicken or if you need to boil or bake some chicken, you can use whatever works for you.
- Add your favorite vegetables, like green beans, corn, or carrots. If your kids will eat them you could even add broccoli and cauliflower.
- Also you will want to add a can of milk of your choice.
- Last but not least, don’t forget the rice, or if you do not have rice, go ahead and use any kind of noodles that you like.
- Another thing that you could do if you wanted to, is to saute some mushrooms and put in this dish.
More Easy Meal Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 383Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 106mgSodium 573mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 31g