Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole is a great dinner for those busy nights! Now that school has started back up and summer is coming to a close, here is a wonderful and easy recipe that you can have on the table in less than 1 hour.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole?
- Boned chicken
- El Pato Jalapeno Salsa or enchilada sauce
- Mushroom soup
- Minced onion
- Garlic salt
- Corn chips
- Cheddar cheese
- Chicken bouillon cubes
- Parsley flakes
- Sour cream
How Do I Make Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole?
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, mushroom soup, onion, and garlic salt.
- Line a greased 9″ X 13″ baking dish with corn chips.
- Pour chicken mixture over chips.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and cover with the remaining chips.
- In a small saucepan, combine bouillon cubes and boiling water; stir until dissolved, then pour over mixture in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes and paprika, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let each person garnish their serving with Sour Cream, as desired.
Can Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole Be Prepared Ahead of Time?
- This casserole can be assembled a day ahead and refrigerated before baking.
- (Wait to pour the chicken broth over casserole until just before it goes into the oven to bake).
I didn’t have the enchilada sauce today and so I used some El Pato, Jalapeno Salsa, which is basically the same thing to me.
Remove it from the oven and enjoy this quick, easy and delicious meal. I love it more than regular chicken enchiladas because I am not a big fan of tortilla shells!
Tips and Tricks for Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole:
- Use 1 cup of chicken bouillon, or make your own by adding 2 chicken bouillon cubes to 1 cup water.
- Use salsa or enchilada sauce
- Assemble ahead of time and refrigerate until you are ready to bake – just make sure to wait until right before you bake the casserole to add the bouillon to the top.
Other Mexican Dishes That you May Want to Try:
** This casserole can be assembled a day ahead and refrigerated before baking. (Wait to pour the chicken broth over casserole until just before it goes into the oven to bake).
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 259 Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 53mg Sodium 881mg Carbohydrates 7g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 14g