Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole is a great dinner for those busy nights! Now that school has started back up and summer is coming to a close, here is a wonderful and easy recipe that you can have on the table in less than 1 hour.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole?
- Boned chicken
- El Pato Jalapeno Salsa or enchilada sauce
- Mushroom soup
- Minced onion
- Garlic salt
- Corn chips
- Cheddar cheese
- Chicken bouillon cubes
- Parsley flakes
- Sour cream
How Do I Make Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole?
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, mushroom soup, onion, and garlic salt.
- Line a greased 9″ X 13″ baking dish with corn chips.
- Pour chicken mixture over chips.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and cover with the remaining chips.
- In a small saucepan, combine bouillon cubes and boiling water; stir until dissolved, then pour over mixture in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes and paprika, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let each person garnish their serving with Sour Cream, as desired.
Can Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole Be Prepared Ahead of Time?
- This casserole can be assembled a day ahead and refrigerated before baking.
- (Wait to pour the chicken broth over casserole until just before it goes into the oven to bake).
I didn’t have the enchilada sauce today and so I used some El Pato, Jalapeno Salsa, which is basically the same thing to me.
Remove it from the oven and enjoy this quick, easy and delicious meal. I love it more than regular chicken enchiladas because I am not a big fan of tortilla shells!
Tips and Tricks for Easy Mexican Enchilada Casserole:
- Use 1 cup of chicken bouillon, or make your own by adding 2 chicken bouillon cubes to 1 cup water.
- Use salsa or enchilada sauce
- Assemble ahead of time and refrigerate until you are ready to bake – just make sure to wait until right before you bake the casserole to add the bouillon to the top.
Other Mexican Dishes That you May Want to Try:
** This casserole can be assembled a day ahead and refrigerated before baking. (Wait to pour the chicken broth over casserole until just before it goes into the oven to bake).
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 259Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 53mgSodium 881mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 14g