Hot crab dip is a wonderful appetizer, and perfect for those cold winter nights. We like to eat our hot crab dip on crackers or chips, whatever everyone likes the best, or both.
We are so excited to ring in the new year, but I have had so much sugar that it is time to eat something besides chocolate!
I received this wonderful recipe from one of my good friends, Ilene, and I am so glad she was willing to share it with me.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Hot Crab Dip?
- Cream cheese
- Imitation crab
- Green onions
- Can chopped green chilies
How Do I Make Hot Crab Dip?
- Place the milk and the salsa together in a slow cooker.
- Add the cream cheese, separate the crab and place it in the crock pot.
- Then add the green onions and the green chilies to the crock pot.
- Stir them all together.
- Place the crock pot on low and cook for 2-3 hours, making sure that you stir the mixture about every 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers and chips!
Tips and Tricks For Hot Crab Dip:
- You might want to use a medium salsa, but it really doesn’t matter a lot; I use mild in mine because it is my favorite.
- I am not big on a bunch of onions and so you are welcome to use 1 whole cup of little green onions, but I use about 1/2 – 3/4 cups in my dip.
- Use whatever milk you want to, I use whole milk because that is what we buy; use what you have.
- When you are putting the crab meat in the crock pot, break it up a little first, I find that sometimes it breaks apart without my help and sometimes it doesn’t. It is better if you break it apart; that way more people get more crab!
- You can also buy crab in cans, but I like to get it in the meat department area. It comes in a 16 ounce package.
More Tasty Appetizers For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 25Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 5mgSodium 102mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 1g