Lion House Shrimp Plate is a must when you are taking an appetizer to a get together. It is a delicious cream cheese mixture, topped with shrimp and mozzarella cheese!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Lion House Shrimp Plate?
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Real mayonnaise
- Canned shrimp
- Seafood cocktail sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Green pepper, (optional)
- Green onions
How Do I Make Lion House Shrimp Plate?
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and the Mayonnaise.
- Spread the mixture on a platter or a 12″ plate.
- Sprinkle the shrimp over the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover with the jar of cocktail sauce.
- Sprinkle the 2 cups of grated Mozzarella cheese over the cocktail sauce.
- Garnish with green pepper, green onion, and more shrimp if you like.
Do Prawns and Shrimp Taste Different?
- There is no conclusive flavor that distinguishes a shrimp from a prawn.
- They’re very similar in taste and texture.
- Some say prawns are a bit sweeter and meatier than shrimp, while shrimp are more delicate.
- Therefore, prawns and shrimp are often used interchangeably in recipes.
Which Shrimp are the Most Commonly Eaten?
Farmed Whiteleg Shrimp:
- Whiteleg shrimp is the most commonly farmed shrimp species in the world.
- It typically enters the U.S. market from India and Thailand plus other countries in Latin America or Asia.
Brown, White, and Pink Shrimp:
- When you are eating “Gulf shrimp,” there’s a good chance you are eating brown, white, or pink shrimp.
- These species are caught in the Gulf of Mexico and Southeast Atlantic waters.
Royal Red Shrimp:
- Royal red shrimp is considered to be a more expensive and luxurious shrimp species that’s prized for its lobster-like flavor and bright red color.
- Royal red shrimp are true Gulf of Mexico shrimp.
- Blue shrimp are native in the eastern Pacific from Peru to Mexico.
- Ocean shrimp are native to cooler Pacific waters from northern California to Washington.
- They are also known as “Oregon pink” or “bay shrimp” in the area.
What are Canned Shrimp like these used in Lion House Shrimp Plate?
- Canned shrimp are small shrimp which have been cleaned and shelled, then packed in water and cooked.
More Tasty Appetizers For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 136 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 34mg Sodium 252mg Carbohydrates 3g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g