Lion House Shrimp Plate is a must when you are taking an appetizer to a get together. It is a delicious cream cheese mixture, topped with shrimp and mozzarella cheese!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Lion House Shrimp Plate?
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Real mayonnaise
- Canned shrimp
- Seafood cocktail sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Green pepper, (optional)
- Green onions
How Do I Make Lion House Shrimp Plate?
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and the Mayonnaise.
- Spread the mixture on a platter or a 12″ plate.
- Sprinkle the shrimp over the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover with the jar of cocktail sauce.
- Sprinkle the 2 cups of grated Mozzarella cheese over the cocktail sauce.
- Garnish with green pepper, green onion, and more shrimp if you like.
Do Prawns and Shrimp Taste Different?
- There is no conclusive flavor that distinguishes a shrimp from a prawn.
- They’re very similar in taste and texture.
- Some say prawns are a bit sweeter and meatier than shrimp, while shrimp are more delicate.
- Therefore, prawns and shrimp are often used interchangeably in recipes.
Which Shrimp are the Most Commonly Eaten?
Farmed Whiteleg Shrimp:
- Whiteleg shrimp is the most commonly farmed shrimp species in the world.
- It typically enters the U.S. market from India and Thailand plus other countries in Latin America or Asia.
Brown, White, and Pink Shrimp:
- When you are eating “Gulf shrimp,” there’s a good chance you are eating brown, white, or pink shrimp.
- These species are caught in the Gulf of Mexico and Southeast Atlantic waters.
Royal Red Shrimp:
- Royal red shrimp is considered to be a more expensive and luxurious shrimp species that’s prized for its lobster-like flavor and bright red color.
- Royal red shrimp are true Gulf of Mexico shrimp.
- Blue shrimp are native in the eastern Pacific from Peru to Mexico.
- Ocean shrimp are native to cooler Pacific waters from northern California to Washington.
- They are also known as “Oregon pink” or “bay shrimp” in the area.
What are Canned Shrimp like these used in Lion House Shrimp Plate?
- Canned shrimp are small shrimp which have been cleaned and shelled, then packed in water and cooked.
More Tasty Appetizers For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 34mgSodium 252mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 7g