Fruit Salad 24-Hour is one of our go to holiday salads because it is light and fluffy. It is packed with good fruit, and very versatile. You can add or take away any fruit, so that it will please everyone in your dinner party. The rich creamy sauce that goes into the whipped cream is what makes this salad so yummy and sweet.
I like that you can make it the day before, as that frees up time to spend with family on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, or any day, instead of being in the kitchen all day. Try this for your salad for your holidays this year. I know that you will really enjoy it.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Fruit Salad 24-Hour?
- Egg yolks
- Pineapple juice
- Whipped cream
- Confectioners sugar
- Pineapple tidbits
- Mandarin oranges
- Small marshmallows
- fruit cocktail or maraschino cherries
How Do I Make Fruit Salad 24-Hour?
- Place the egg yolks in top of a double boiler or cook on a medium to low heat. Whip until thick. Add vinegar, sugar and pineapple juice.
- Cook until thick over boiling water, stirring constantly. Or if in a regular pan cook until thick and stir constantly. When thickened, remove from the heat and add the butter; let cool.
- Whip cream and add 1/4 cup confectioners sugar.
- Fold in the cooled mixture from above and the fruit, unless you are adding bananas; bananas must be added just before serving so they won’t go brown.
- Add marshmallows, stir well and chill overnight.
Fruit Salad 24-hour is so nice because it can be made ahead of time. There is way too much stress on the day you are serving a big dinner, so anything that you can do ahead of time is a stress saver. This salad looks so appealing. It is a nice way to brighten up a meal.
More Delicious Fruit Salads For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 229 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 85mg Sodium 29mg Carbohydrates 32g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 26g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g