Strawberry pecan pretzel salad is a must to add to your Thanksgiving dinner. I got this recipe from a friend named Michelle. I had strawberry pecan pretzel salad at a dinner one night and I told her that I just had to have the recipe. She was kind enough to give it to me.
It is just like pretzel salad, however it is a lot easier. The only thing that I must tell you is that you really need to eat it the first day, otherwise the pretzels and pecans go a little too soft. I had to laugh when my husband told me that if he would have known that it went a little too soft, he would have made a pig of himself and eaten it all the first day. Ha ha.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Strawberry Pecan Pretzel Salad?
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint cream, whipped
How Do I Make Strawberry Pecan Pretzel Salad?
- In a large bowl, or a baggie, crush 1 cup pretzels. I like to put part of my pretzels in the blender for just a second or two. However, I do not put all of them in, otherwise they tend to get too ground up.
- Then add 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup melted butter to the pretzels.
- Spread them onto a baking sheet or in a cake pan; spread them out pretty thin.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 7 minutes.
- When the mixture is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whip 1 pint cream.
- When the cream is whipped, add 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix 8 ounce softened cream cheese with a hand mixer.
- Then stir in the cream mixture, just until mixed.
- Just before serving, stir in 2 1/2 cups diced or sliced strawberries.
- Take the pretzel and pecan mixture and break it into smaller pieces.
- Add it to the salad just before serving.
Yes, it really is that good. I am so excited to get together with family this year. I really love when we can be together as a family. We will miss our son who lives in Idaho, as he will be on call and cannot make it. The rest of us are going to have a great time and we hope that we will also have a few other people show up that we have invited.
Can I Omit the Chopped Pecans in this Pretzel Salad?
- Yes, if you omit the chopped pecan, just add more chopped pretzels to compensate for the pecans.
So this last weekend we watched our cute granddaughters. I do know why you have your kids while you are you, even though they slept all night and they where pretty good, I must say that for some reason, they take your energy and just keep going!
My son has his dog that is a German Shepard/Dutch Shepard, and the dog loved the girls. We let him come in the house while it was cold. (He is an outdoor dog). He sat in our laundry room. He was very good with the girls, he would drop his tennis ball that he loves and they would roll it to him. Then he would drop it and give it back to them.
Then the little one that is 1 1/2, she went into the laundry room to pet our older dog that is 14 years old, and this young puppy decided that he wanted to kiss her and he started licking her. She did not like that one bit, and she cried. Then he looked at her as if to say, ” what is all the fuss about, I just gave you more love than one could handle. Ha ha.
How Fine Should I Chop the Pretzels in Strawberry Pecan Pretzel Salad?
- One of the best things about this salad, is the crunch from the Pretzels, so the pretzels need to be chopped large enough to provide a good crunch.
- However, you want them small enough that they can be eaten in one bite.
That puppy that is huge and my little granddaughter remind me of each other. They both have to be watched and they both need a lot of attention, or they like to get into mischief. Both cute, but also very full of energy. I must say that I am ready for this dog to get past the puppy stage.
I will be making strawberry pecan pretzel salad for Thanksgiving. It is delicious, it almost taste like a toffee pretzel. I am pretty sure that you could also use raspberries or any fresh fruit that you desire. However, you do not want a fruit that is going to have a lot of moisture, or the salad will go soggy.
One thing with the strawberry pecan pretzel salad, if you taste the pretzels ahead of time, it is hard to not want to eat them. They are so yummy. Candied pecans and pretzels together. However if you do not have a lot of people coming for dinner, you just might want to half the strawberry and pecan pretzel salad recipe.
Can This Recipe Be Made Ahead of Time?
- If you want to make Strawberry Pecan Pretzel Salad ahead of time, you will need to keep the cream cheese mixture, diced strawberries, and sugared pretzels separate.
- Add them right before serving.
Can I Store Leftovers of Strawberry Pecan Pretzel Salad?
- Leftovers of this salad will not keep well, so plan accordingly.
- The pretzels tend to go soggy with time.
- This salad is best served right after you make it.
- If you are not going to have a lot of people to feed, half the recipe.
- I’m sure that you will have no problem coaxing your dinner guests to eat it up!
Well, my friends it is time to get to the store and get all of my groceries for Thanksgiving. It will soon be here and I want everything to be just right. I will let you know how our turkey turns out this year. We are going to try Spatchcocked Turkey this year! It is suppose to cook fast and be more moist.
Spatchcocked turkey is when you take out the back bone, and then you break the breast bone and flatten it out on a big pan and cook the turkey. Oh ya, if you haven’t taken your turkey out of the freezer yet, you might want to hurry and do that as soon as you can.
Again we want to tell you how much we love and appreciate your support. We are most grateful for all of you, and we wish you the best Thanksgiving ever. Hugs!
Tips and Tricks for Strawberry Pecan Pretzel Salad:
- If you like strawberry pretzel salad, but only have a few people eating, half the recipe.
- Use any fruit that you like.
- You can use whipped topping or whipped cream.
- Put the fruit and pretzels in, right before serving.
More Delicious Fruit Salads For You:
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 382Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 81mgSodium 160mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix