Happy St Patrick’s Day! I thought it would be a lot of fun to make these delicious waffles with options for St Patrick’s Day, or any other day of the week, for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
There are so many different ways that you can change up this recipe. I made a batch this morning thinking that it wouldn’t make very many. Boy was I surprised when I had enough for my entire family of 16 people, including my 3 married children, their spouses, and my 6 grandchildren.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Delicious Waffles with Options?
- Milk (Regular or almond)
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
- Whipping cream
- Chocolate syrup
How Do I Make Delicious Waffles with Options?
- Heat the waffle iron.
- In a medium size bowl, add the eggs.
- Beat the eggs until fluffy.
- Add the milk, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix just until the mixture is combined.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter, depending on the size of your waffle iron, into the center of the waffle iron.
- Bake until the light goes off, or until the waffle is nice and brown.
- It takes my waffle iron about 3 1/2 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from the waffle iron and add your favorite toppings.
Delicious waffles with options are perfect for everyone. Some people like chocolate chips and some people like cinnamon with just a little bit of oatmeal, and I made my waffle with fresh blueberries and then I put yogurt on top; that way you don’t get so much sugar from the syrup.
I am happy to say that there are so many different ways to make these waffle, there is something for everyone.
What is the Difference Between Waffles and Pancakes?
- Pancakes and waffles both contain eggs, flour and leavening.
- Pancakes and waffles are both served for breakfast.
- But waffle batter contains a higher percentage of sugar (for caramelization) than pancake batter.
- Waffle batter includes a bit more fat (for a crisp exterior) than pancake batter.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 457Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 114mgSodium 593mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 3gSugar 13gProtein 10g