All I can say is if you have never tried Best Ever French Toast, you are really missing out.
Have you ever wondered what to do with the crumbs in the bottom of your cereal box? Well, I have found the answer for you! No one likes to eat the crumbs with milk, but it tastes fantastic on Best Ever French Toast.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Best Ever French Toast?
- Your favorite cereal (Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, or Cinnamon Life, are just a few)
- Canned milk or whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- Bread, (We love cinnamon burst)
- Butter for cooking in the pan
- More butter for when the French Toast is cooked and warm
- Maple syrup (optional)
How Do I Make Best Ever French Toast?
- Place the cereal in a pie plate. Crush the cereal with the bottom of a glass, or if your cereal is almost gone, use up the crumbs in the bottom. Set it to the side.
- In another pie plate or shallow bowl, place the cracked eggs, milk, vanilla, and the cinnamon, and whisk them together.
- Dip the bread one slice at a time in the egg mixture, turning and getting the mixture on both sides.
- Then dip the bread into the cereal, making sure that you get the cereal on both sides of the cereal crumbs.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of butter into a medium size skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, until each side is golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side, depending on your stove.
- Remove from the pan and serve with more butter, or syrup of your choice: our favorite is Maple Syrup made from scratch.
My sweet friend at work gave me this recipe and it was a hit at our house!
There are so many different kinds of cereal and I haven’t had a one that I didn’t like yet.
If you don’t want this for breakfast, I am sure that your family will love it for dinner.
We love to eat it with our maple syrup.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 265Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 130mgSodium 329mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 10g