If you all are looking for a great breakfast idea, try this Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole. It is so appetizing.
It is very filling and it does work up quickly. It is also very versatile. You can use bacon or ham instead of the sausage, or use any combination of the three. Also you could use any variety of sausage that you prefer.
We prefer sharp cheddar cheese in the casserole and mozzarella cheese to top the casserole. But you could change up the cheeses to whatever cheeses you prefer.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole?
- Sausage (can use bacon or ham)
- Half and half
- Black pepper
- Garlic salt
- Green bell pepper
- Sharp cheese
- Hash browns, frozen
- Mozzarella cheese
- Roma tomatoes
How Do I Make Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole?
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9″X13″ baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausage, bacon, or ham (break the meat into smaller pieces).
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, half and half, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Then add the sausage mixture, peppers and sharp cheese.
- Place the hash browns in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Next, pour the egg mixture over the hash browns.
- Finish by adding the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Add Mushrooms and/or Roma tomatoes if desired.
Could I Substitute Something Else For the Sausage in this Breakfast Casserole?
- You could use bacon or ham, but make sure that you chop or cut the meat into smaller pieces.
- You could even mix sausage, bacon, and ham in any combination.
Should I Thaw Frozen Hash Browns Before Cooking?
- Frozen hash browns should be thawed before they are baked into a casserole or used in another dish.
- This allows for more even baking, and nobody likes biting into an ice cold bite of potato.
- Thawing out frozen ingredients before cooking also allows you to remove the excess moisture, helping to avoid soggy dishes.
More Great Breakfast Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 688Total Fat 438gSaturated Fat 74gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 337gCholesterol 301mgSodium 144mgCarbohydrates 694gFiber 65gSugar 17gProtein 84g