Raspberry Croissant Breakfast Bake is one of those meals that is made the night before and all you have to do is to pop it in the oven in the morning. We are always excited around our home when there is a dish like this. It seems like we are always in a hurry in the morning.
We also like to use our own homemade maple syrup, the one that we grew up on, and now my kids are doing the same. It is very easy to make and even though it is not super healthy, we know that it is better than the syrup you buy in the stores.
Could I substitute another berry for the Raspberries?
I think that Blackberries would be good, or Blueberries. As a matter of fact, I think that it would be good to make a Croissant Breakfast Bake with a mixture of Raspberries, Blackberries and Blueberries. Or just pick two of the kinds of berries, or any combination of the three kinds of berries.
More great breakfast recipes:
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Mountain Man Crock Pot Breakfast
Best Egg Casserole Ever
1 hour 10 minutes
6 large croissants (cut into fourths)
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
6 large eggs, well beaten
1 cup milk
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
Garnish with powdered sugar
- Grease or spray a 9" x 9" baking pan.
- Cut the croissants and place 1/2 of them in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the cream cheese that you have cubed.
- Then layer top of the croissants and cream cheese with 3/4 cup of the raspberries.
- Repeat the layer, with the rest of the croissants, cream cheese and the raspberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine the 6 large eggs,1 cup milk, 1/8 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix or whisk them until combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the croissant mixture.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the foil on.
- Remove the foil and place the bake back into the oven and cook for another 30-35 minutes or until the center is done.
- To test for doneness, place a butter knife in the center of the dish, if it comes out clean it is done, or make sure that it is not still runny in the center.
- Allow the mixture to set for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and more fresh berries if desired.
- You may also want to add maple syrup, but we like it without.
- Or you can drizzle a little honey over the top.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 812 Total Fat 39g Saturated Fat 21g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 14g Cholesterol 380mg Sodium 962mg Carbohydrates 93g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 6g Sugar 50g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 22g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix