Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake. I am not sure if you are familiar with “Nothing Bundt Cake” Bakery, but when I saw the price of the cakes, I decided that it was time to get to work and make my own. One of my co-workers was having a birthday and I asked her what her favorite kind of cake was and you guessed it, it was “chocolate”!
This cake is so moist and delicious, and the chocolate chips add just the right amount of chocolate.
The butter cream frosting is so rich and creamy and smooth. If you have someone in your life having a birthday, this is the cake that you will want. Come to think about it, we have a birthday in our family soon and I had so much fun making this cake. I am going to make an Oreo cake this week!
I love how easy it is to decorate, just make sure that you do not get your frosting too thick or to thin. I do use a name brand cream cheese, because sometimes the knock-off brands tend to go a little runny in the frosting.
When you frost the cake do not use a tip on the end of the bag. I just used the bag without a tip and the size of hole that the bag already had in it.
This would make a beautiful gift for a friend. It really is an easy cake to make and it doesn’t take that long so use your imagination and try making one today!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this cake (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Devil’s food cake mix (not made)
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Sour cream
- Buttermilk or mayonnaise
- Canola oil or coconut oil
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
How Do I Make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this cake (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, water and the oil; mix well.
- Blend in, or gently stir in, the chocolate chips.
- Prepare a 10″ fluted bundt pan by greasing the pan, and then dust it with just a little bit of flour over the oil you are greasing the pan with.
- Put the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to set for about 4-5 minutes.
- Then carefully turn the cake over onto a wire rack.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, butter and the powdered sugar, and mix until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Put the frosting into a large pastry bag.
- Place the cake on a nice plate or whatever you are going to decorate it on.
- Starting on the bottom outside edge of the cake pipe the frosting onto the cake, repeating until the cake is frosted.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator for 5-6 days, or it can be frozen in the freezer for 2 1//2 months.
What is the Best Way to get the Cake Out of the Bundt Pan?
- Greasing the pan appropriately with shortening, butter, or some kind of oil.
- Add a dusting of flour over the shortening, butter, or oil to assure that the cake will come out of the pan without sticking!
- Use a plastic orange peeler to remove the cake from the sides of the pan for added assurance that you cake will not stick to the pan.
Tips and Tricks For Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake:
- A fun thing that you can do with this cake is to put something cute in the center. For example; if your kids like skittles, fill the center of the cake with skittles, or if it is going to be an Oreo cake, place little Oreo’s in the center, or you could even use a big bow!
- Also, I like to use buttermilk in the cake, but you could use mayonnaise instead.
- I also like to use coconut oil just because I feel it is a little healthier than the canola oil, but either one works well.
- You can also use any kind of chocolate chips that you like; I think white chips might be fun in this cake.
- If you don’t have a pastry bag, put the frosting in a ziplock bag and cut a hole in the corner of the bag.
More Delicious Cakes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 388Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 50mgSodium 330mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 1gSugar 38gProtein 4g