This Never Fail White Cake is the fun cake that I decided to make this year for my youngest son’s birthday and it really is a delicious cake. We had a nice family dinner on Sunday and enjoyed this wonderful cake as we celebrated his 20th birthday.
I’m not sure where those 20 years have gone, but I have figured out that the older one gets, the faster time goes. Even my son said that time is going so much faster now. He said that he doesn’t think that he is so young anymore either – believe me, it is all relative!
In celebrating his birthday, I hope that he enjoyed eating this cake as much as I enjoyed making it. As you can see there is a few ways that you can decorate it, and since we aren’t big on sprinkles, I decided to use chocolate chips.
That is the fun part about decorating a cake, you get to decide what goes on it. I do enjoy a good birthday cake, and I would much rather have one that is made from scratch than to pay a lot of money at the store, especially when it doesn’t taste that good and is a little dry.
I am always happy to take time to make a birthday cake for my family members and I hope that they will do the same for their kids. And since today is the fourth of July, you could even make this same cake and put a few cherries in place of the dark chocolate chips. There you go red, white and blue.
Happy 4th of July to all of you!
Is It Important to Beat the Egg Whites Before Adding The Rest of the Ingredients?
- Yes, It makes the Never Fail White Cake much lighter and a softer cake.
- Otherwise it tends to go a little drier.
- You will enjoy how nice and light and fluffy this cake is.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Never Fail White Cake?
- Egg whites
- Cake flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
How Do I Make Never Fail White Cake?
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until nice and fluffy with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Slowly add sugar, beating the mixture until nice stiff peaks form. Set this aside.
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder, salt and the remaining sugar, in a separate bowl.
- Add the butter and milk and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and remaining milk and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly fold in the egg white mixture and mix until the mixture is blended.
- Pour the mixture into 2 (9″ round) cake pans, that are prepared with wax paper in the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove the cake when it is done.and let it set for 5 minutes.
- Then remove it to a cooling rack, allowing it to cool completely.
- Frost and decorate as desired.
If I Don’t Have Cake Flour to Make This Never Fail White Cake, Can I Make Some?
Yes, here are the directions to make cake flour:
Cake Flour Directions:
- For every 1 cup of flour, remove 2 Tablespoons of flour.
- For every 1 cup of flour, add 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch. (Replacing the tablespoons of flour that were taken out).
- Sift the mixture 4-5 times and it is ready to use.
Here Are a Few Other Cake Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 222Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 17mgSodium 225mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 0gSugar 19gProtein 3g