What do you do when you are craving Raspberry Poppy Seed Cake with filling? Well, you make one!!! And since it was my birthday, I decided that that was a great excuse.
I think that I could eat the raspberry filling on everything. But I just knew that it would be good in this Poppy seed cake. If you do not care for the raspberry filling, just go ahead and put frosting in between the layers.
I did make a butter cream frosting to frost the cake, but you are welcome to use any kind of frosting that you desire.
You can also make Two 9″ cakes, or I used Three 8″ cake pans. I did make the center layer slightly thinner than the other two, as I feel that they stack better this way.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Raspberry Poppy Seed Cake?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this cake (scroll down for the full recipe):
Poppy Seed Cake:
- White vinegar
- Poppy seeds
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese
- Freeze dried raspberries
How Do I Make Raspberry Poppy Seed Cake?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this cake (scroll down for the full recipe):
Poppy Seed Cake:
- Stir white vinegar and poppy seeds into the milk.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. (If you do not have time, allow this mixture to set for at least 5 minutes).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until nice and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each .
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients alternately with the poppy seed mixture.
- Grease and flour, or use parchment paper, to prepare, 2-3 8″ round cake pans.
- Divide the batter evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 8-10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, with mixer, whip the cream just until it is thickened up and peaks start to form, then add the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract.
- Next, in a different bowl, mix the cream cheese.
- Then add the whipping cream mixture to the cream cheese, and then add the raspberries.
- Mix for about 30 seconds or just until the raspberries are combined.
- Use this mixture for the middle of the cake.
How Do I Stop My Cake Filling From Oozing in This Raspberry Poppy Seed Cake?
- I like to pipe a dam of icing around the edge of the cake for each layer that is filled.
- This dam will help prevent the filling from oozing out the sides.
Can Poppy Seeds Cause a Positive Drug Test?
- Poppy Seeds can contain high enough levels of the opioid to trigger a positive result on some types of drug urine tests.
- Even though most of the opium is removed from the poppy seeds during processing, sometimes, the seeds sold for use in foods still have a significant amount of opium – and thus morphine – in them.
- There is not enough to make a person “high”, but enough that could trigger a positive drug test result.
- For this reason most drug tests have been modified so that a positive result will not happen.
Do Poppy Seeds Have Any Nutritional Value?
- Poppy seeds are actually quite nutritional.
- Poppy seeds are loaded with copper, iron, and calcium.
More Delicious Cakes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 326Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 88mgSodium 331mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 5g