If you are looking for the perfect pasta recipe for that left over ham, how about you try Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta. This recipe is wonderful and very versatile so you can make it to your liking.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta?
- Penne Pasta
- Chicken breast
- Crumbled bacon (Optional)
- Chopped ham
- Fresh mushrooms, (optional)
- Alfredo sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cream cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt
How Do I Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta?
- Cook the penne pasta according to package directions.
- After you drain the pasta, mix in the chicken, bacon (if using bacon), 1/2 cup of the ham, mushrooms, and the Alfredo sauce of your choice, with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add the remaining cheese and ham to the top of the pasta.
- Broil on low, uncovered, on the 2nd rack down in the oven for 10 minutes.
- (You could also use 2-3 chicken patties in place of the chicken breast if you desire).
- Turn stove top to medium low heat.
- Place a medium sauce pan on the burner.
- Put all of the ingredients in the pan and melt to incorporate.
- Stir continuously.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
If you like bacon, add some bacon.
If you like mushrooms, add some of them as well.
Also, you can use a chicken breast or if you have younger kids that are a little picky, then you could add 2-3 chicken patties or even cut up a few chicken nuggets!
More Main Meal Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 576Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 127mgSodium 1653mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 33g