Who doesn’t love a Cheese ball? They are so good. You can eat them with all kinds of crackers. This cheese ball doesn’t have a lot of ingredients, but it is mighty tasty.
I personally like green peppers; however some people don’t, so I usually don’t add them. You will love the flavor of the cream cheese, pineapple and the seasoning salt blended all together. Wow, so good. Try this cheese ball on your favorite cracker today or better yet, get two or three kinds of crackers.
Also you can roll it in pecans, walnuts or even almonds. Sometimes I make two or three small cheese balls instead of one big one and give it to the neighbors for a Holiday treat.
Also, sometimes it is better to have a couple of cheese balls when there is a big gathering of people because it is easier for more people to get to them. Otherwise, the line gets kind of long! Believe me, you will have people getting in line to get some of this cheese ball.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Cheese Ball?
- Cream cheese
- Crushed pineapple
- Green onion
- Lawry seasoned salt
- Green pepper
- Chopped nuts
How Do I Make Cheese Ball?
- With a hand mixer mix cream cheese, pineapple, onions, Lawry salt, and green pepper.
- Take waxed paper or plastic wrap and place the chopped nuts on it. Spread out the nuts to make a smooth layer.
- Next place the cheese mixture that you have formed into a ball shape as much as possible.
- Roll the cheese mixture in the chopped nuts until it is coated.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Isn’t that just a good looking cheese ball? I am so happy that I came across it in one of my favorite cook books. I do not fix appetizers very often and I am not sure why, because they are so good and I really enjoy a good cheese ball.
There are also so many different kind of crackers, that you can try; Wheat Thins, Chicken in A Biscuit, Triscuit’s and Club Crackers. Don’t forget you can also make a couple of smaller cheese balls and give them to your neighbors in a small baggy or wrapped up in plastic wrap.
Tips and Tricks For Cheese Ball:
- You can use any kind of nuts to roll the cheese ball into, like almonds, peanuts, or even walnuts.
- Using the crushed pineapple, you can hardly tell that there is pineapple in this amazing cheese ball.
- Let the cheese ball sit out about 10 minutes before serving guests; that way it can soften and it will be easier to scoop on your plate with either a spoon, knife or your cracker.
- If you like green peppers, go ahead and add some, I just prefer it without.
I think that I will even make a cheese ball for my little ones who do not care for nuts. You can always even use cracker crumbs and roll the it in some of those. What other kind of ideas do you all like to roll your cheese balls in? Like I have said before, I am always looking for some new ideas.
Another fun idea that some people love to serve with their cheese balls are some pretzels. I like pretzels too, but it seems like you have to hold 3 or 4 in order to get some cheese ball on them, however they do have pretzels that are thicker than the ones that I usually buy. I have pretzel rods, or sticks, but they do have some thicker flat pretzels now.
More Fun Appetizers For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 53 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 2mg Sodium 328mg Carbohydrates 3g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g