Best ever pasta salad is one of my family’s favorite salads and meals. We love to put it on croissants making a fantastic Chicken Salad Sandwich, or eat it by itself as a Salad.
I have one child who doesn’t care for grapes so you can always make the salad and put grapes in some and not in the other half, or you can add chest nuts or leave them out whatever you prefer. I love it all and so most of the time, I add everything on the list.
We really enjoy this salad in the summer, as sometimes you just do not want to eat a hot dinner. I really think that you are going to love this salad!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Best Ever Pasta Salad?
- Shell macaroni
- Cooked chicken
- Water chestnuts (optional)
- Seedless grapes
- Green onions
- Slivered almonds
- Kraft Cole Slaw Dressing
How Do I Make Best Ever Pasta Salad?
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove from heat and place the noodles into a strainer, running cold water over the noodles.
- Mix together, cooled macaroni, cooked chicken, chestnuts, celery, grapes, apples, green onions and the almonds.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing and mayonnaise together.
- Pour over the salad and mix until well coated.
- Cover the salad and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with croissants or with a dinner roll.
Tips and Tricks For Best Ever Pasta Salad?
- If you do not have slivered almonds, use sliced, as you can see that I did in the picture.
- Some people prefer the large pasta and that is what I used in the picture, but I actually prefer the middle sized shell noodles.
- Serve as a Salad, or as a filling for Croissant Sandwiches.
More Salads Made With Pasta For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 713Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 36gCholesterol 166mgSodium 417mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 12gProtein 43g