Macaroni salad is the perfect addition to any BBQ. This salad is great for any get together. It is creamy and works up fairly fast. The celery gives it a nice crunch, and the dressing makes it rich and creamy.
Some people also like to add frozen peas or even cheese cut into small pieces. Another thing that could be added is black olives, but I have a few people in my house that won’t eat them, so I just leave them out.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Macaroni Salad?
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Green or Red Peppers
- Prepared Mustard
- Elbow macaroni, or other small pasta
How Do I Make Macaroni Salad?
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. After it is cooked, place the macaroni in a strainer and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper together.
- After you have drained the macaroni, place it into a large bowl.
- Add the dressing that you made above with the mayonnaise, mix lightly.
- Then add the celery, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped green or red peppers, chopped onion and the diced boiled eggs.
- Garnish with a hard boiled egg.
- Chill in the Fridge.
My cute little grandson got baptized on Saturday, and his baby sister was blessed. It was such a nice day and this grandma had a hard time getting a hold of her emotions. It doesn’t help when you only get 3 hours of sleep. We did have a fun time at the park and we all had a nice picnic.
I am always grateful for a picnic with others, because you don’t have to do the whole meal yourself, and it is always fun to see what other people can come up with. You know us bloggers, we are always looking for inspiration. I am proud of my cute grand kids and that they are making good decisions.
It is so fun to be a grandparent because you really do get to enjoy the grand kids and then they go home. The weather was perfect and it was fun to sit outside and just enjoy life. I know that we do not have much time to do that anymore it seems.
How Long Can I Store Macaroni Salad?
- Macaroni salad can be stored for up to five days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If it is a little dry after you have stored it, stir in a little mayonnaise.
- You can make this salad in advance. (I recommend chilling it for at least an hour before serving).
- Try not to leave it out at room temperature, or in the heat, for very long as the salad dressing base does not keep well in the heat.
Sometimes I have to stop and ask myself “what I am doing that is so important”, or is there something else that is more important. I think that I just need a boss to tell me what is most important for me to get done each day. I am pretty sure that if we all had one, we would fire them and do what we want to do anyway.
So I encourage you to plan a picnic or a cookout with friends, family or your neighbors, even if it just a simple get together. It’s smart to get it on the calendar before the summer is gone. You can even get some chicken and then make this macaroni salad and add some popsicles, and there you go. It is that simple. Enjoy your summer and don’t work too hard; make sure to take some time out to play.
More Salads Made With Pasta For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 138 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 41mg Sodium 251mg Carbohydrates 6g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g