Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds, or cashews
- 2 packages Raman noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 head cabbage, or 3 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 - 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 or 2 (8.25 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- In a skillet, cook the chicken until the center reaches 160 degrees.
- Cube the chicken and then set it aside.
- Saute the almonds and Raman noodles that have been crushed in the butter, and set those aside.
- Prepare cabbage or lettuce and place in a very large bowl.
- Mix the sugar, oil, vinegar, and soy sauce, and add to the chicken after it has cooled.
- Pour over cabbage, add sauteed noodles and nuts.
- Add mandarin oranges, and onions if desired.
- Toss gently and serve immediately.
- I enjoy it even the next day, but some might think it is too soggy.