Easy avocado quinoa salad is loaded with vegetables, combined with a mild dressing, making it perfect for any time of the year. If you have been trying to find a healthier salad for those hot summer days, I think that you will really like this one.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Avocado Quinoa Salad?
- Uncooked quinoa
- Green bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Fresh parley
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Italian seasoning
How Do I Make Easy Avocado Quinoa Salad?
- In a medium sized pan, cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, combine the dressing.
- In a shaker or a regular bottle, add the oil, Dijon mustard, honey, Italian seasoning, salt and lime juice, shake or mix until well blended.
- Keep the dressing refrigerated until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, add the bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, avocados, parsley, and cooled quinoa.
- Add the feta cheese.
- Stir the dressing and add to the rest of the mixture; toss together.
- If you are waiting a while to eat the salad, wait to add the avocados, until ready to eat so that they do not discolor and go brown.
Tips and Tricks For Easy Avocado Quinoa Salad?
- You can use any color of quinoa that you like, but I used white because that is what color I had.
- If you have an issue with tomatoes, you can leave them out, but I really like how colorful they make this salad.
- Also I sprinkled a little black pepper on top when it was all finished, but you do not have to. It is strictly your choice.
- Also in the dressing you can use lemon or lime, again if you like one better than the other, it really doesn’t matter.
- Another thing that I think would be amazing in this salad would be a few chopped pecans, but again make it how you want it and add things that you truly enjoy.
- You could also put some cilantro in the easy avocado quinoa salad, but it would change the taste slightly.
More Delicious Salads For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 324Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 8mgSodium 210mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 6g