Virgin Pina Coladas are a great way to ring in the New Year! Even your kids will enjoy such a fun drink. You will love them because they are so easy to make and they can look so fancy.
As you can see, you only need three items for this delicious Virgin Pina Colada. I think even a child would love to help you make one.
New Year’s isn’t just about appetizers, you also need a drink to wash them down. If you can find some plastic wine glasses, make some Virgin Pina Coladas and wish everyone a Happy New Year!
It is always fun to have a fancy drink on the holidays, so why not give the Virgin Pina Coladas a try?
What Ingredients Do I Need For Virgin Pina Colada?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this drink (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Pineapple juice
- Cream of coconut
- Pineapple slices and/or Maraschino cherries
How Do I Make Virgin Pina Colada?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this drink (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Place the pineapple juice and cream of coconut in a high powder blender.
- Next add the ice.
- Blend until smooth; about 1 minute.
- Pour the drink into 3 or 4 glasses.
- Garnish with the pineapple wedges, maraschino cherries, and little umbrellas if you like.
I love this handy dandy gadget for peeling a pineapple, it makes it so easy and that way you are more likely to eat your delicious pineapple!
Cut the top off and insert the pineapple tool, twist and lift the pineapple out of the skin. It makes it so nice to enjoy fresh pineapple with your Virgin Pina Colada.
What If I Do Not Have or Cannot Find Cream of Coconut?
If you do not have Cream of Coconut, you can use this recipe:
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups vitamin D milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Mix the pineapple juice, sugar, milk and coconut extract together.
- Freeze the mixture and then serve it by itself, or with Sprite.
I use the recipe that I posted because it is a little easier and it is done right after you put it in the blender.
Tips and Tricks For Virgin Pina Colada:
- Use Canned pineapple rather than fresh pineapple. It tends to be a little sweeter. However, fresh pineapple will work; especially if you have a very ripe one.
- Cream of coconut is much thicker and sweeter than coconut milk. DO NOT use Coconut Milk.
- Crushed ice makes the frozen drink thick and cold. Try frozen pineapple chunks in place of ice to make the drink just as cold and thick but with even more pineapple flavor.
- Add some shredded coconut flakes on top.
More Refreshing Drinks For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 327Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 50mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 24gProtein 3g