It’s the most wonderful time of the year when it comes to using the crock pot! I love this slow cooker enchilada casserole recipe, and it is very versatile.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole?
- Garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning mix
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Diced green chilies
- Corn tortillas
- Jack cheese, shredded, and divided
- Cheddar cheese, shredded, and divided
- Sour cream
- Sliced black olives
- Green onions
How Do I Make Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole?
- In a medium skillet, saute onions and garlic in the oil.
- Add the ground beef and brown.
- Drain the fat from the ground beef.
- Add the taco seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mushroom soup and the diced green chilies.
- In the crock pot, place 3-4 Tablespoons of soup mixture into the bottom and spread evenly.
- Lay 3 tortillas on top of the 3-4 Tablespoons soup mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of the soup mixture, 1/3 of the ground beef mixture, and 1/2 cup of both cheeses on top of the tortillas.
- Continue making layers until ingredients are all used up.
- Cover, and cook on low 4-6 hours or on high for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Top each serving with sour cream, salsa, black olives and green onions or any combination, as desired.
Tips and Tricks For Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole:
- You could add black or kidney beans!
- You may even want to add some sausage for some extra zing!
- You can use mozzarella or medium cheddar or try some Jack cheese!
- Top it off with sour cream and some green onions or just add some more cheese if you want!
Other Mexican Dishes That you May Want to Try:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 493Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 117mgSodium 687mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 32g