It is almost the most wonderful time of the year. One thing that we all love to make is English toffee, and this simple English Toffee recipe makes such a delicious toffee.
There are so many ways to make this toffee into a cute little gift. It is also a great treat to take to work and share, or take to a holiday party.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Simple English Toffee?
- Light corn syrup
- Fine chopped almonds
- Chocolate chips
How Do I Make Simple English Toffee?
- In a 4 quart pan, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Place on medium-high heat, and stir constantly until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to boil.
- At a rolling boil reduce heat to medium and stop stirring.
- Allow it to cook (for about 30 minutes) until mixture reaches 290 degrees.
- Pour mixture onto a baking pan (10″ x 15″) and allow to cool, for about 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, cook in 30 second increments on POWER LEVEL 5.
- Pour 1/2 melted chocolate on the toffee that is cooled and immediately sprinkle half of the almonds over the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set (about 30 minutes).
- Flip the toffee onto another sheet pan and repeat the coating process on the other side.
- Once it is cooled on both sides, break the toffee into pieces and store in an airtight container!
- Caramel is sugar and cream or milk, with butter occasionally in the mix.
- Caramel is cooked at a lower temperature which helps keep it softer.
- Toffee is heated to a higher temperature to help make it crunchy.
What is Toffee?
- Toffee is a confection made by caramelizing sugar or molasses (creating inverted sugar) along with butter or cream.
- The mixture is heated until its temperature reaches the hard crack stage.
- While being prepared, toffee is sometimes mixed with nuts.
How Do I Store Simple English Toffee?
- Break the toffee up into pieces before storing.
- Store Simple English Toffee in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 weeks.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Homemade English Toffee also freezes incredibly well.
- It can be frozen for up to 6 months.
More Decadent Candy Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 260 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 31mg Sodium 113mg Carbohydrates 27g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 25g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g