It is almost the most wonderful time of the year. One thing that we all love to make is English toffee, and this simple English Toffee recipe makes such a delicious toffee.
There are so many ways to make this toffee into a cute little gift. It is also a great treat to take to work and share, or take to a holiday party.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Simple English Toffee?
- Light corn syrup
- Fine chopped almonds
- Chocolate chips
How Do I Make Simple English Toffee?
- In a 4 quart pan, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Place on medium-high heat, and stir constantly until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to boil.
- At a rolling boil reduce heat to medium and stop stirring.
- Allow it to cook (for about 30 minutes) until mixture reaches 290 degrees.
- Pour mixture onto a baking pan (10″ x 15″) and allow to cool, for about 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, cook in 30 second increments on POWER LEVEL 5.
- Pour 1/2 melted chocolate on the toffee that is cooled and immediately sprinkle half of the almonds over the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set (about 30 minutes).
- Flip the toffee onto another sheet pan and repeat the coating process on the other side.
- Once it is cooled on both sides, break the toffee into pieces and store in an airtight container!
- Caramel is sugar and cream or milk, with butter occasionally in the mix.
- Caramel is cooked at a lower temperature which helps keep it softer.
- Toffee is heated to a higher temperature to help make it crunchy.
What is Toffee?
- Toffee is a confection made by caramelizing sugar or molasses (creating inverted sugar) along with butter or cream.
- The mixture is heated until its temperature reaches the hard crack stage.
- While being prepared, toffee is sometimes mixed with nuts.
How Do I Store Simple English Toffee?
- Break the toffee up into pieces before storing.
- Store Simple English Toffee in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 weeks.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Homemade English Toffee also freezes incredibly well.
- It can be frozen for up to 6 months.
More Decadent Candy Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 260Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 31mgSodium 113mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 2g