So the other day I was trying to get a couple of last minute treats for some co-workers and my neighbors, and I decided that since I had some left over candy canes from my Christmas party I would make Oreo Candy Cane Popcorn Crunch.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Oreo Candy Cane Popcorn Crunch?
- Oreo cookies
- White chocolate
- Candy canes
How Do I Make Oreo Candy Cane Popcorn Crunch?
- Pop the popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Crush the Oreo’s.
- Place the candy canes into a blender and blend.
- Melt the white chocolate in a micro wave safe bowl.
- Place the popped popcorn into a very large bowl.
- Next, place the Oreo’s in with the popcorn, along with the crushed candy canes.
- Slowly place the melted chocolate over the mixture and stir.
- Add the M & M’s before the chocolate sets up.
- Place the mixture onto a cookie sheet and allow the mixture to cool.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 4-5 days.
You can use any flavor of Oreo’s, but I used the regular ones.
Then place your candy canes into the blender and blend them up. Then sprinkle them into the popcorn; they give this snack a wonder flavor.
Then there’s the white chocolate, it make this popcorn fantastic. However, you could use any kind of chocolate that you prefer. I think that the white chocolate with the candy canes makes it very festive for this time of year.
Can I Use Popcorn That I Purchased Already Popped, in Oreo Candy Cane Popcorn Crunch Instead of Popping Popcorn?
- Yes, just make sure that it isn’t salted, buttered, or flavored with anything.
- Buy plain popcorn to use in this recipe.
How Can I Remove Un-popped Kernels From my Popcorn?
- Place a cooling rack over your bowl of freshly popped popcorn.
- Invert and shake the un-popped kernels out. (The spaces in your cooling rack are large enough to allow the un-popped kernels to fall through, but small enough to keep the popped kernels in)!
More Delicious Snacks for You to Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 455Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 10mgSodium 116mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 1gSugar 54gProtein 3g