So the other day I was trying to get a couple of last minute treats for some co-workers and my neighbors, and I decided that since I had some left over candy canes from my Christmas party I would make Oreo Candy Cane Popcorn Crunch.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Oreo Candy Cane Popcorn Crunch?
- Oreo cookies
- White chocolate
- Candy canes
How Do I Make Oreo Candy Cane Popcorn Crunch?
- Pop the popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Crush the Oreo’s.
- Place the candy canes into a blender and blend.
- Melt the white chocolate in a micro wave safe bowl.
- Place the popped popcorn into a very large bowl.
- Next, place the Oreo’s in with the popcorn, along with the crushed candy canes.
- Slowly place the melted chocolate over the mixture and stir.
- Add the M & M’s before the chocolate sets up.
- Place the mixture onto a cookie sheet and allow the mixture to cool.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 4-5 days.
You can use any flavor of Oreo’s, but I used the regular ones.
Then place your candy canes into the blender and blend them up. Then sprinkle them into the popcorn; they give this snack a wonder flavor.
Then there’s the white chocolate, it make this popcorn fantastic. However, you could use any kind of chocolate that you prefer. I think that the white chocolate with the candy canes makes it very festive for this time of year.
Can I Use Popcorn That I Purchased Already Popped, in Oreo Candy Cane Popcorn Crunch Instead of Popping Popcorn?
- Yes, just make sure that it isn’t salted, buttered, or flavored with anything.
- Buy plain popcorn to use in this recipe.
How Can I Remove Un-popped Kernels From my Popcorn?
- Place a cooling rack over your bowl of freshly popped popcorn.
- Invert and shake the un-popped kernels out. (The spaces in your cooling rack are large enough to allow the un-popped kernels to fall through, but small enough to keep the popped kernels in)!
More Delicious Snacks for You to Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 455 Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 116mg Carbohydrates 69g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 54g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g