This lasagna is one of the best beef and pork lasagnas I have ever tasted. It isn’t too strong, and the rosemary, salt, and pepper are just the right amount of seasoning. The original recipe doesn’t call for sausage, however we love the extra flavor that the sage sausage adds.
And since it is only about 13 degrees outside and some places around us were -25 degrees, brrr we all needed something to warm us up. Add some garlic bread with a vegetable and even a green salad and you will have one amazing meal. Your family will love you for it.
I tried to get my family to eat some lasagna that I had bought in the freezer section of the grocery store, one day when I was in a hurry, and they wouldn’t eat it. I hope they know how spoiled they all are! They probably don’t. When they say, “can we eat out?” I tell them, “no way, I like to eat real food.” Maybe I spoiled myself too! Oops. It’s a great way to be. I hope wherever you are, that you are staying warm and enjoying family meal time.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Lasagna?
- Garlic clove
- Ground beef
- Sage sausage
- Rosemary leaves
- Tomato paste
- Tomato sauce
- Lasagna noodles
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
How Do I Make Lasagna?
- Brown garlic and onions in a large skillet in about 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add ground beef, sausage, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Cook until done. Drain fat if necessary.
- Then add tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cook Lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Place four cooked noodles on the bottom of a 9″ X 13″ pan.
- Top with half of the meat mixture.
- Place half of the cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Repeat, by adding the other 4 noodles, the other half of the meat mixture, and the other half of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
More Main Dish Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 394Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 97mgSodium 529mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 30g