Green beans with bacon is a great way to get kids of all ages to eat their vegetables. I love this time of year when we get to celebrate all the things we are grateful for.
As I was in the grocery store today, I was so grateful for all of the amazing people in the world that help me get my green beans and bacon. First, I thought of all of the farmers out there and then the people that work so hard to allow us to go into the grocery store and buy green beans and bacon.
Isn’t it nice that I didn’t have to feed the pig one time and I didn’t have to grow my own green beans!?! Let’s give a shout out to all of the hard working people out there. Thank you.
I love to add bacon to fresh green beans; the bacon just seems to make it amazing. Seasoned with just a little salt and pepper and don’t forget the onions and garlic.
Sometimes I like to replace my salt and pepper with just a little bit of seasoning salt, but that is strictly up to you.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Green Beans with Bacon?
- Fresh green beans
- Ground black pepper
How Do I Make Green Beans with Bacon?
- In a medium skillet, place the bacon that has been cut into small pieces, (I like to use my kitchen shears to cut it).
- Cook over medium to high heat until the bacon starts to turn soft, then add in the onions and garlic; allow this to cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Next add the beans and the water; cook until the water is gone and the beans start to turn nice and tender.
- If the water is gone before your beans are the texture you desire, add just a small amount of water, and continue to cook.
- Season with salt and pepper to your desired taste.
How Long Will Fresh Green Beans Last?
- Fresh Green Beans will last about seven days.
- Store unwashed fresh beans in a reusable container or plastic bag in the refrigerator crisper.
Can You Put Raw Bacon in Green Beans?
- You cannot mix raw bacon with cooked green beans.
- But if the green beans are also uncooked, you can cook the bacon and green beans together.
More Recipes That you May Want to Try for Thanksgiving:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 124Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 12mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 15gProtein 5g