Easy Basic Turkey Gravy is a perfect dish to add to your dinner or Thanksgiving table. Add it to your mashed potatoes or even pour a little over your turkey.
Serve over creamy crock pot mashed potatoes!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Basic Turkey Gravy?
- Broth from cooked turkey, or canned broth
- Salt and pepper
How Do I Make Easy Basic Turkey Gravy?
- In a medium pan, melt the butter over low to medium low heat.
- With a whisk, add the flour and cook for about 1 minute, continuing to whisk.
- Pour in 1/2 cup broth, stir until the mixture starts to thicken back up.
- Then whisk in the remaining broth, until the gravy is nice and smooth and without lumps.
- Allow the gravy to simmer until it is the right consistency.
- Remove from the heat, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- You may want to make the gravy right before your meal.
- If you have left over gravy and it gets too thick, you can always add more broth to thin out your gravy.
Add the broth and the turkey drippings!
What are Meat Drippings?
- Meat Drippings are the fat that drips from a cut of meat during roasting.
- It is considered by some to be one of the best cooking fats quality and taste-wise.
Add the flour!
Tips and Tricks For Easy Basic Gravy:
- I like to make my gravy right before we eat; that way it is nice and warm and has the perfect consistency.
- One of the best tips and tricks that I have for Gravy was taught to me by my mom. She taught me that if you get in a pinch and it doesn’t look like you are going to have enough gravy, add a package of gravy that you have bought from the store and a cup of water. It makes your gravy go further and it also flavors up your gravy real nice.
Melt the butter!
Variations For Easy Basic Turkey Gravy:
And do not worry, you can make any kind of gravy from this recipe that you want by making a few minor substitutions, it doesn’t just have to be turkey.
- Gluten-Free gravy: Substitute 1/4 cup Cornstarch for the 1/4 cup Flour.
- Brown gravy: Substitute turkey broth with cooked pot roast drippings or canned beef broth for a delicious brown gravy.
- Chicken gravy: Substitute turkey broth with cooked chicken drippings or canned chicken broth to make a nice chicken gravy.
- Country gravy: Substitute turkey broth with cooked sausage drippings to make a wonderful country gravy.
So whatever meat you prefer, just add your meat drippings and you will have amazing gravy!
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 98Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 25mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 7g