Garlic Herb Smashed Potatoes are a nice side to your main dishes. This is the time of year when we get our potatoes directly from the potato farmers in Idaho and there are always some that are big potatoes and some that are small. I prefer to make smashed potatoes with the smaller ones.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Garlic Herb Smashed Potatoes?
- Small red or gold potatoes
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
How Do I Make Garlic Herb Smashed Potatoes?
- Wash and scrub the potatoes.
- In a large pot, place the potatoes and enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Boil for 25-30 minutes.
- Drain off the water and allow the potatoes to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes equally spaced onto a baking or cookie sheet.
- Using a fork or a potato masher, lightly press each of the potatoes to mash them down.
- Melt the butter and add the garlic salt, pepper, and the rosemary.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, place the parmesan cheese and chives.
- Sprinkle an equal amount onto each potato.
- Bake for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Tips and Tricks For Garlic Herb Smashed Potatoes:
- If you like your potatoes soft, cook them following the directions in the recipe, but, if you like them crispier, you can always broil them for 3-4 minutes. However you cook them, they will be delicious.
- Sometimes if I am in a really big hurry, I omit the baking part of this recipe. After the potatoes are boiled, I lightly mash them down individually and pour about 1/8 teaspoon of Italian dressing on top of each potato after I put just a little butter on each one. The dressing also gives it a nice flavor. I often do this when I am cooking for just 1 or 2 people.
- This is a great way to serve potatoes in individual servings; they are small enough that some people might want 1 1/2 or 2 potatoes.
Additional Tasty Potato Side Dishes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 108Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 23mgSodium 365mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 3g