My grandson who doesn’t eat a lot, asked for fourths! He really likes this easy family casserole. It is so good and creamy. I had to laugh, he said “make sure you get some of the cheese on top”. It seems like if you have cheese on top, most kids will eat it up!
Also this easy family casserole makes a lot, so that makes it nice to have leftovers for the next day. We had a nice Sunday dinner with this casserole, jello and some green peas. Then for dessert, we had snicker doodles that my son-in-law had made. It was a perfect meal with ones we love.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Family Casserole?
- Ground beef
- Garlic Clove
- Dried Onion
- Tomato sauce
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Linguine noodles
- Cheddar cheese
How Do I Make Easy Family Casserole?
- In a large skillet, place the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic and minced onions, cook until done, then drain off any excess moisture. If using fresh onions wait and add them to the sour cream and cream cheese.
- Stir in tomato sauce, simmer on low for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix with a hand mixer, cream cheese, sour cream, onions (if using fresh), and Parmesan cheese; set this mixture aside.
- Spray a 9″ X 13″ pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1/3 of the cooked noodles into the pan; spoon 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the noodles, then cover with 1/3 of the meat mixture.
- Repeat the layers 2 more times.
- Place the grated cheese on top and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
What Is a Casserole?
- A casserole is an oven-baked meal with simple ingredients that are transformed by baking into a delicious dish.
- In other words, all of those ingredients come together and when they are baked in the oven, those ingredients combine to make a dish that is much better, than all of those ingredients would be apart.
- A casserole is a one-pan dish.
The noodles are covered with rich and creamy sauce. This casserole is like linguine. I know that your family will think of it as a real bonus. You can always add a little more salt and pepper to your taste. I tend to like this a little bland and so a lot of time my family will get the salt and pepper shaker and add a little more.
That is the beauty of being in charge, you get to control the amount that goes in. I think that my taste buds are on overdrive. That is okay, there isn’t any harm done.
I love this recipe because it works up very fast. Brown your hamburger, add your spices and the tomato sauce. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream and cheeses. Alternate the layers, top with cheese and you are on your way to one amazing dinner. I hope that you will try it and that you enjoy it.
Easy family casserole is called that because it is easy to make, but the added bonus is that it feeds a family and they all like it. Try it with some garlic bread or even some crescents, or we even like it with a nice green salad.
Tips and Tricks For Easy Family Casserole:
- If you want, you can use any type of pasta, it doesn’t have to be linguine noodles.
- If you do not have cream cheese, you can leave it out. It will still be very creamy.
- You may want to use ground turkey or you could even use chicken.
More Casseroles For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 359Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 97mgSodium 491mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 30g