Easy Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtles are a chewy delicious candy made with Pecans covered in Homemade Caramel and topped with Melted Chocolate.
This Chocolate Turtle Candy makes a wonderful neighbor gift for the Holidays or a fun treat for coworkers!
Why Is This Candy Called Turtles?
- The pecans covered in caramel and chocolate, look like little turtles.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtles?
- Whole pecans
- Salted butter
- Brown sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Milk or semi sweet chocolate chips
- Shortening or coconut oil
How Do I Make Easy Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtles?
- In a medium skillet, place one tablespoon butter and allow it to melt. Then place the pecans in the pan and cook over medium heat.
- Then place waxed paper onto 2 large baking pans.
- Arrange your pecans so that there are 4 pecans to 1 turtle, leaving about 1 – 2″ for expansion.
- Then in a medium sized pan, place the salted butter, and allow it to melt.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk.
- Allow the mixture to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches 235 degrees.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the vanilla extract, stir well.
- Take about 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons of caramel and place over the clustered pecans.
- It will be runny at first, but it will thicken up.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments.
- Add the oil to the chocolate as soon as it starts to melt. Stir.
- Take a teaspoon and drop some chocolate on each turtle.
- Let the Turtles set up.
Tips and Tricks For Easy Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtles:
- Use milk chocolate chips, semi sweet chips, or even white chips; whatever you prefer.
- Top with sea salt to add a little different flavor.
- If there are left over pecans, caramel and chocolate, put them in a small container, pecans on the bottom, caramel next, and last but not least, the chocolate! After the mixture is set up, cut into pieces to serve.
How Do I Store Easy Chocolate Carmel Turtles?
- Store Turtle Candy at room temperature in an enclosed container so the caramel stays soft.
Can I Use Store Bought Caramels Instead of Making Caramel?
- I prefer to make the caramel, but If you don’t have time to make caramel, you can use soft store-bought caramels.
- Melt the caramels in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval.
- If the melted caramel is too thick, add a little water to thin it.
- Then pour this caramel over the pecans to solidify them together.
More Decadent Candy Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 367Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 16mgSodium 60mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 21gProtein 4g