Cheesy pull apart bread appetizer is a great way to start a meal or any party. The sourdough bread, butter, onions and cheese are amazing together.
I have to admit that we love pulling out the pieces of buttery, cheesy bread almost as much as we love eating them. But don’t underestimate the uncut base of the bread at the bottom because that is where a lot of the butter and cheese end up. Some of my family members really wait for the top to be eaten so they can get to that crispy bottom.
The only problem with this cheesy pull apart bread appetizer is that you just might have to arm wrestle your family for the last piece. It is truly a big hit and a favorite of all.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Appetizer?
- Round loaf sourdough bread
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds or poppy seeds
How Do I Make Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Appetizer?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the loaf of bread, but do not slice clear through the bottom of the bread.
- Cut the bread cross wise from the top of the loaf of bread down to about 1/2″ from the bottom, then turn the bread 1/4 turn and cut the bread in the opposite direction so you have squares showing on top, leaving the bread uncut about 1/2″ from the bottom.
- Slice the cheese into 1/4″ slices, and then cut the slices into smaller pieces and place the pieces of cheese into the cut bread.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, green onions, and seeds, then drizzle this mixture over the bread.
- Wrap the bread in aluminum foil, and place it onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the bread and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve while the bread is warm; makes a wonderful appetizer.
What is the Best Bread to use for Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Appetizer?
- The best bread to use for Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Appetizer is a sourdough or any other dense type of bread.
- Plain loaves of bread work well too; just make sure that they are crusty.
- Denser bread tends to hold together better when you pull the bread pieces out to eat them, but the flavor is just as good with other types of bread.
What is the Best Cheese to use for Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Appetizer?
- We like Monterey Jack cheese, but mozzarella cheese would work well too.
- You could really use any kind of cheese that you want, but in my opinion, the more stretchy it is, the better!
Cut the bread into about 1″ downward cubes, but do not cut completely through the bread.
Tips and Tricks For Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Appetizer:
- For a twist on your cheesy bread appetizer, try using Pepper Jack cheese.
- A different idea is to sprinkle a little dry ranch dressing over the mixture for an even different taste.
- Cut the bread into diamonds rather than squares, for a different look.
More Tasty Appetizers For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 357Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 56mgSodium 604mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 16g