Warm Cheesy dip is the perfect appetizer for the holiday season. It comes together in a matter of minutes and has a wonderful flavor. It will soon be a part of your holiday season traditions.
I went to a fun Christmas party last week and this is the Warm Cheesy Dip that I took. We loaded the plate with chips and the dip was nice and warm, which turned out great because the weather that we have been having has been in the 30’s, and sometimes you just need something nice and warm.
I am always happy when I can find a recipe that is FAST and EASY. So if you are a busy mom, wife, husband, neighbor or whatever your title is, just grab some of these simple ingredients for your next party and give yourself a break!!!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Warm Cheesy Dip?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this appetizer (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Jack cheese, or pepper Jack
- Can diced green chilies (hot, medium or mild)
- Can white sauce *(or make your own)
- Tortilla chips
How Do I Make Warm Cheesy Dip?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this appetizer (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a 6 cup, or large, micro wave safe bowl, grate or cube the cheese into 2″ cubes.
- Place the bowl in the micro wave for 3 minutes on power level 5, or 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, or place it on the stove top on a medium low heat.
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the white sauce and place mixture in the micro wave on power level 5 for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir the mixture well until it is completely combined.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons butter, 2 Tablespoons flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir constantly until smooth and the sauce thickens up.
- As soon as it starts to thicken, remove it from the stove top and mix with the cheese mixture.
- Serve with tortilla chips or any crackers of your choice.
- Garnish with some dried parley or any greens that you like.
- (White sauce is easy to make and so much less expensive than buying it).
Tips and Tricks For Warm Cheesy Dip:
- Add some bacon for garnish!
- Make your own white sauce – it is easy and so much less expensive than buying it.
- Have a variety of chips and crackers for your guests to enjoy with their warm cheesy dip!
- Do not use cheese that you buy already grated. It has cornstarch in it to keep it from sticking, and that will change the consistency of your dip.
More Delicious Appetizers For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 72mgSodium 506mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 16g