Caramel Rice Krispies Treats are so delicious! My cute daughter-in-law shared this amazing recipe from her grandma and I wish that I would have had it sooner. If you are looking for something special this holiday season, why not make a batch of Caramel Rice Krispies Treats?
These Caramel Rice Krispies Treats are not just your ordinary Rice Krispies treats; they are much more. They are a way to let friends and neighbors know that you really care about them. The only thing that you want to remember is to save some for the neighbors. Ha ha.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Caramel Rice Krispies Treats?
- Caramel squares
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Mini m & m’s
- Candy canes
- Reese’s peanut butter cups (chopped)
- Mini chocolate chips
How Do I Make Caramel Rice Krispies Treats?
- Prepare a 9″ x 13″ baking dish by spraying with cooking spray, and set it aside.
- In large pan, place the butter and the unwrapped caramels.
- Melt over medium heat until the two combine, and become nice and smooth.
- Then add the sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine again.
- Place the marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the top of the marshmallows and stir them until they are completely melted.
- Then add the Rice Krispies cereal and coat the cereal.
- Next place the mixture into the prepared pan, and allow it to cool.
- Cut into squares.
How Do I Keep Rice Krispies Treats Soft?
- Do not use old, hard marshmallows. Recently purchased marshmallows work best.
- Make sure to add butter. The marshmallow-butter combination helps keep the treats soft and chewy, so don’t leave it out.
- Don’t chill in the refrigerator. Even if you want them to set up quickly; this just dries the marshmallow treats out more quickly.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter top.
Can I Use Homemade Caramels in This Recipe?
- Yes, it is totally fine to use homemade caramels in Caramel Rice Krispies Treats.
- I usually use store bought Kraft Caramels for this recipe because it is so much faster.
- Either way they turn out great.
Tips and Tricks For Caramel Rice Krispies Treats?
- You can either stir your marshmallows until they are dissolved, or just leave a few chunks of marshmallows not melted, giving the treats a little different texture.
- It is fun to make these in little muffin cups (grease them so they don’t stick) and use a small cookie scoop to pack the mixture in.
- If you want to make your treats more festive, you might want to add some sprinkles.
- Resist the urge to cut them before they’re fully cooled, or they can become crumbly.
More Brownies and Bars Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 560Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 21mgSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 185gFiber 4gSugar 22gProtein 17g