Caramel German Chocolate Brownies helped make our Father’s Day celebration a success.They were very rich, yummy and gooey!
I am so grateful for the many fathers out there that have been such a great example to me. They have made many sacrifices and worked so hard so that I can be who I am today!
My husband is an amazing man. He is a hard worker and he has put up with me for almost 30 years. It has been a great journey. And I didn’t get him a quilt kit! We did get him a fun game called “Striker”. It is a fast paced game. You can play it inside or out.
I recommend outside if you don’t want something broken; people get a little wild! It has a net and 3 little round balls that you bounce back and forth on the net. It is harder than it sounds. But it is fun. And of course, he got his Caramel German Chocolate Brownies!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Caramel German Chocolate Brownies?
- Brownie mix
- Evaporated milk
- Evaporated milk
- Egg yolks
- Brown sugar
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
How Do I Make Caramel German Chocolate Brownies?
- Melt caramel in a microwave safe bowl with 2 Tablespoons of the evaporated milk. Melt in 30 second increments until melted and smooth, or power level 5 in one minute increments until melted and smooth.
- Make brownies according to package directions.
- Place 1/2 of the batter in the bottom of the pan.
- Next place the caramel on top of the brownies.
- Put the rest of the batter on top of the caramel.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the rest of the evaporated milk, butter, egg yolks, and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- Stir in the coconut and nuts, then remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly before pouring over the baked brownies.
- In a small micro wave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and the coconut oil, on power level 5 in one minute increments until the chocolate is nice and smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over the brownies with a fork.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before serving.
I must tell you what my cute little 2 1/2 year old granddaughter gave her dad. He came home from work on Friday afternoon totally exhausted, and so he said to his wife that he would like to lie down for about 30 minutes, and so he did.
Mom was in the kitchen making dinner and little sis disappeared very quietly. She sneaks down the hall and into mom and dad’s bedroom where she finds dad! Then she finds mom’s bright pink nail polish.
Yep you guessed it, dad is asleep and she starts painting his nails. Isn’t that the sweetest thing ever. Dad rolls over not knowing what is going on and goes back to sleep. Dad did get a little nail polish on the bed, but little sister didn’t. Ha ha.
The moral of this story is: if you have a granddaughter like mine, get rid of all markers, nail polish, makeup and crayons; oh ya and paint. And if you think for one minute you can hide the treats and snacks from her, you are dead wrong. She is a magnet.
What is the Difference between Chocolate and German Chocolate?
- A regular chocolate cake mix is flavored with milk chocolate.
- A devil’s-food cake is richer and darker, and has a strong cocoa flavor.
- German chocolate usually is a lighter-colored cake with a flavor of mild chocolate.
I guess that she is practicing to do nails when she grows up, or she will be a famous painter. She already has her signature on the wall. Good thing she’s so cute. And I guess that dad didn’t love his nails, but it sure gave the rest of us the gift of laughter. Thanks to the two of them.
What are some of the fun things that you do for Fathers Day? We always try and have a special dinner and play a few games. I know that a lot of people have great ideas, so let’s all share and get some new fun things going!
Growing up I don’t know that we did a lot, but we did have a great respect for my dad. When he came in the room, we got up and got out of his favorite chair, with no questions asked. I look back and I am glad that we did that; I think that it was not only a show of respect, but a simple way to say I love you.
Actions speak louder that words. Let’s show someone today that we love them and do it without saying words, or go ahead and use some nice words too. Enjoy the Caramel German Chocolate Brownies. They will most certainly tell someone that you love them!
More Brownies and Bars Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 373Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 84mgSodium 126mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 3gSugar 31gProtein 4g