Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies are so rich and thick. No matter how you stack them up, they are amazing. Make sure to cut them smaller because it is just plain a lot of brownie, as these are very rich. But worth every bite.
It is fun to use M & M’s for any season, and the color make it a lot of fun. Also you can leave the M & M’s sticking out of the top to add more color if you want. Try these yummy bars with the M & M’s or just leave them out; they are great and amazing either way.
I got this amazing recipe once when I went to a cookie exchange party. I fell in love with them the first bite that I took. They are truly a nice thick bar, I have even doubled the batch before and given them as gifts. I like to double the recipe, that way friends and family get more center pieces and not so many edge pieces. Either way the edge pieces are delicious! People beg for the recipe.
The nice soft thick center is wonderful and then there is the yummy cookie outside. I guess that I used peanut butter m&m’s because I am such a peanut butter fan. You really could put anything that you like. I will put a few ideas down below in my tips and tricks.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies?
- Powdered sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough OR you can make your own batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Peanut Butter M&M’s
How Do I Make Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies?
- In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla; mix well.
- Remove cookie dough from wrapper.
- Butter your fingers and press half of the dough into the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Press the peanut butter mixture evenly over the dough.
- Place M & M’s on top of peanut butter.
- Crumble and sprinkle the remaining half of the cookie dough over the peanut butter mixture and M & M’s.
- Carefully spread out over the top as even as possible.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and cut into narrow pieces.
Chocolate chip peanut butter brownies can be used for any time of the year. I think I remember them around the holidays just because, like I said, I got the recipe at a cookie exchange. Have you ever done a cookie exchange? It seems like we are all so busy lately trying to do who knows what, that we do not take enough time to enjoy one another’s company.
Could I Use Chunky Peanut Butter in Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies?
- Yes, you could. Your Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies would have a different texture, but would still be good.
So, today I was working on the blog and my cute little granddaughters came to visit. Before I could go around and gather up my eye glasses, (I have a pair in almost every room) my little 18 month granddaughter was trying them on. I asked the lady that was sitting by me at church yesterday if she would please invent some eye glasses that you do not have to clean. She laughed and said ” that sure would be nice”. I agreed.
So when I go to try them on, they all have cute little finger prints on them. Now they are cute and I know that one day she will grow up, however, I have to see. I am getting more seasoned, as are my eyes, and so the glasses must be cleaned.
She is a cute little button, she kinda looks like her grandma (me) did when she was little! Was I ever little, I sure do not remember. It seems like I have been this age forever. And yet it seems like I was 20 years old yesterday.
Please give these amazing, chocolate chip peanut butter brownies a try. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of them? They really are a delight. Soft and chewy, soft filling and they do make up pretty fast, especially if you choose to use already made cookie dough.
Tips and Tricks For Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies:
- Some of the different choices for the cookie dough are toffee bits, Andes Mint pieces, mini chocolate chips, white chips with craisins, dark chocolate chips, or you could even add caramel chunks.
- If you are using pre-made cookie dough, let it set out for about 10-15 minutes so it will be easier to spread.
If I were you, I think I would make some for Santa, and I think that he will leave you an extra gift, just because he will think that you really love him. I hope that this recipe finds you happy and well, and that you enjoy making these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies with the ones that you love.
May this be your happiest holidays ever! We love and appreciate all of your love and support. Thank you!
More Brownies and Bars Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 145Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 90mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 4g