Zucchini Cupcakes with Frosting are a real game changer at our home. They are about the only way some people will eat their vegetables! So the other day when I got my very first zucchini out of the garden, I knew what I was going to do with it.
Zucchini cupcakes with frosting work up pretty fast and if you need a last minute treat for your neighborhood block party, this is your recipe.
The frosting is amazing, it taste like it is made with caramel. If you do not like frosting, you could add some caramel to the center of these yummy frosted zucchini cupcakes. Just poke a hole in the center and then pour some caramel in the center.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Zucchini Cupcakes with Frosting?
- Canola oil
- Orange juice
- Almond extract
- All purpose flour
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cloves
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar
How Do I Make Zucchini Cupcakes with Frosting?
- Mix the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and almond extract in a mixing bowl.
- Then add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cloves; blend to combine the mixtures.
- Stir in the zucchini.
- In muffin pan, place cupcake papers.
- Fill each one 2/3 – 3/4 full.
- Bake until the center of each cupcake comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack and allow them to cool.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then stir in the vanilla.
- Cool to Luke warm.
- Gradually beat in the confections’ sugar until the frosting reaches the consistency that you desire.
Mmmmm, this frosting is so delicious, I know you are going to love it’s rich caramelly flavor.
Tips and Tricks for Zucchini Cupcakes with Frosting?
- Zucchini has been around a long time, and aren’t you glad that it makes some of the best desserts ever!?!
- You could also replace this frosting with a cream cheese frosting if you wanted; either one is going to be fantastic!
- If you are like me and you do not care to use canola oil, use coconut oil. I feel it is a little healthier for you.
More Zucchini Recipes for you: