Fall is such a fantastic time when the garden is full of produce to be harvested. Easy Zucchini and Yellow Squash Casserole is a great way to use up some of your zucchini and yellow squash! This casserole is delicious and even pretty healthy. I even know a few picky eaters who enjoy this dish.
It seems that this time of year, we scramble to figure out a way to use up that zucchini that has sprung up everywhere in our gardens (and on our doorsteps from neighbors). If you are not careful and lock your car doors at church, you will probably even find some zucchini in your car after church.
This casserole is such a good alternative to the traditional fried zucchini or zucchini bread. I do like fried zucchini and zucchini bread, but this casserole is not only tasty, but it makes a good meal too.
Here are some more Zucchini Recipes for you:
- 1 lb. hamburger cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. dried onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can tomato soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 small zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash thinly sliced
- 1 cup of grated cheese (or more to your liking)
- Cook hamburger in a large skillet seasoned with onions, salt, and pepper.
- When your hamburger is browned, add soup, milk and rice that has already been cooked. Stir until mixed, let simmer about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can either fry your squash, or I like to steam mine. When done, place on top of the hamburger mixture.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Place lid on top.
- When cheese is melted, it is ready to eat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 284 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 46mg Sodium 559mg Carbohydrates 29g Fiber 1g Sugar 4g Protein 14g